Met Google SketchUp, een 3d-modelleerprogramma, is het mogelijk om een 3d-model te maken, extra informatie op te geven en dit geheel door te sturen naar 3D Warehouse, zodat iedereen het model kan gebruiken in Google SketchUp en Google Earth. Wanneer een model ontwikkeld wordt op basis van aanwezige Google Earth-kaarten, worden de locatiegegevens automatisch met het model opgeslagen. De ontwikkelaars hebben alweer de derde maintenance release uitgebracht met versienummer 6.0.1099 en voorzien van de volgende lijst met veranderingen:
Google SketchUp issues fixed in Maintenance Release 3:
- Previously, models with materials containing a “.” within the material name were not showing up when placed into Google Earth. This issue has been fixed.
- When launching multiple sessions of SketchUp quickly, it was previously possible for SketchUp to crash. This crash has been fixed.
- When printing with the large format print quality, previously SketchUp could crash. This issue has been fixed.
- When interrupting the insertion of components by clicking on camera tools, it was possible for SU to crash. This crash has been fixed.
- When exporting to animations at certain resolutions, SketchUp could previously crash. This crash has been fixed.
- When hiding a line in the middle of dimensioning it, SketchUp previously crashed. This crash has been fixed.
- When undoing the reload of a component, SketchUp could crash if other instances of the component existed in the model. This crash has been fixed.
- Previously, if you changed a component name, pressed Escape and dragged a component into the model, SketchUp could crash. This crash has been fixed.
- When importing some DWGs, elements of the imported DWG could come in rotated out of the correct plane. This issue has been fixed.
- After importing a DWG containing scenes, the scene tabs previously could be blank even though the Scene manager contained the correct scene names. Scene tabs should now all have names after importing a DWG.
- Previously, when saving files or reading files from CDs, it was possible to see the message “Parameter is incorrect” or “Failed to Save”. Files should now be saved or opened without seeing these errors.
LayOut issues fixed in Google SketchUp Pro 6 Maintenance Release 3:
- The georeferenced attribute was previously assigned to the wrong object. It is now correctly assigned to the model.
- The Ruby API observer class Sketchup::ModelObserver previously did not respond to model save actions. It does now.
- If the import Summary Results dialog was not shown, the DWG import status was not set to “successful” meaning that DWG files could not be imported via Ruby. This has been fixed.
- The save_thumbnail command previously didn't work if a component didn't already have a thumbnail attached to it. This has been fixed.
- Previously, notifications were not firing after 100 operations. This issue has been fixed.
- Previously groups and other geometry were not being copied correctly. This issue has been fixed.
- If an inserted file was grouped with other entities, it could be improperly purged from the file references dialog. This would also cause a mismatch between what was selected in the references dialog and what was selected in the document. This is now fixed.
- A crash could occur when making large changes to a document’s paper size. This has been fixed.
- If using a paper size larger than 11x17in, LayOut would crash when zooming during a text edit. This issue has been fixed.
- If a file's thumbnail image was corrupt, LayOut would crash when trying to open the .layout file. This crash no longer occurs.
- Previously, LayOut would crash if a document was closed when the Document Setup > Grid panel was open. This crash has been fixed.
- On some Windows machines, LayOut could crash when trying to start. Some instances of this crash have been fixed.
- In the prior release, some scrapbooks in the scrapbook folder would not show up in the Scrapbooks window. This has been fixed.
- In the Document Setup dialog, entering a space between a number and its unit (mm, m, cm, or pt) would convert the value to inches. For instance, if “3 cm” was entered in the Paper Width field, it would be converted to 7.62cm (which is the equivalent of 3 inches.) This issue has been fixed.
- Entities with sharp corners left behind artifacts when moved. This has been fixed.
- In previous releases, LayOut could take a long time to launch from SketchUp’s “Send to LayOut” menu. This has been improved.
- There was a problem where the uninstall process would delete user-modified files in All Users\Application Data. This included user-modified scrapbooks and templates. The uninstall for this release now asks the user if any scrapbook or template files should be deleted.
PDF Export Changes:
- Some Unicode characters (such as ş ţ and ñ) were displayed incorrectly when text was rendered on screen, even though they looked correct when the text was edited. This has been fixed.
- Copying and pasting text from another application could sometimes cause a crash. Several instances of this crash have been fixed.
- When editing text, clicking outside of the text box would sometimes not exit the edit. This has been fixed.
- In previous releases, the spacing between characters would change as the document was zoomed in and out. This has been fixed.
- Right-aligned text is no longer clipped by its text box at the right edge.
- Previously, the Gill Sans MT font was rendered as a different font on screen. This has been corrected.
- In the prior release, text with long words would wrap when it was being edited, but not when it was rendered. This has been fixed.
- Changing the font size by using the Text/bigger and Text/smaller functions did not always work as expected. This has been fixed.
- Starting a text box by double-clicking with the text tool would cause the text to disappear after it was edited. This issue has been fixed.
- If a text box was copied by using the select tool's ctrl-key modifier, the attributes of the original text box could not be changed by single-clicking on the text box. This has been fixed.
- Similarly, if a text box was copied by duplicating a page, the attributes of the copy could not be changed by single-clicking on the text box. This has been fixed as well.
- In the previous release, text boxes were selected after exiting a text edit. Pressing escape would not get rid of the selection. This behavior has been changed so that text boxes are no longer selected after exiting text edits.
- Text containing Unicode characters (such as ş ţ and ñ) now exports correctly.
- Some fonts were compressed or stretched when exported to PDF. This behavior has been improved so that the exported PDF more closely matches the LayOut document.
- PDF exports would fail if a LayOut document contained any lines with a line width < 0 pt. This has been fixed. Line widths equal to or less than 0 are now converted to .1 pt when exporting to PDF.
- In previous releases, a PDF exported from LayOut would show an error message when opened in a PDF reader. This error does not occur with documents exported from this release.
- Bulleted text now exports to PDF with the same format that LayOut displays on screen.
Google SketchUp 6.0.1099 is in de volgende smaken binnen te halen:
Mac OS X 10.4.1 of recenter - 10.5 wordt nog niet ondersteund
Windows 2000, XP of Vista