Advanced Micro Devices heeft de zesde Catalyst-release van dit jaar voor zijn ATi Radeon-videokaarten uitgebracht en deze volgens goed gebruik versienummer 7.6 meegegeven. De driver is beschikbaar voor XP en Vista, in zowel de 32bits-, 64bits- en Media Center-uitvoering en zijn geschikt voor alle Radeon-modellen vanaf de 9500-serie. In deze release is onder andere de performance verbeterd op een Radeon HD2900 XT Crossfire wanneer 'High Dynamic Range' ingeschakeld is en is er natuurlijk weer een gebruikelijke hoeveelheid aan bugfixes voor een groot aantal spellen en applicaties. Welke dat precies zijn kunnen in de release notes worden gevonden:
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
- Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and Dark Messiah Might and Magic performance improves on the ATI Radeon HD2900 XT Crossfire configurations. Improvements of 16% or more can be seen with HDR enabled.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
- Installing the display driver under the Windows Vista operating system no longer results in the display resolutions of 1680x1050, 1800x1440, 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 not being available when using an analog CRT display device.
- IL2 Sturmovik->Forgotten Battles: Setting the in-game hardware options to custom and landscape detail to perfect no longer results in the water textures appearing corrupt when playing the game under the Windows Vista operating system.
- Quake 4: Playing the game with CrossFire enabled no longer result in corruption being noticed after a short time of game play.
- The Overdrive clocks no longer fails to revert back to the default settings and the Apply and Discard buttons no longer become enabled when changing the clock settings for both the primary and secondary display devices.
- Playing a DVD using either WinDVD or PowerDVD no longer results in corruption being noticed if the players is rotated to any position other than landscape.
- Connecting a secondary display device and enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in changes being made to the secondary display device being reflected on the primary display device.
- Setting UMA to 512MB and enabling AERO no longer results in screen corruption being noticed when booting up Windows Vista on systems containing an ATI Radeon X1200/1250 series of product.
- Enabling DXVA no longer results in a slow response time being noticed when playing a DVD on a system running Windows Vista and containing an ATI Radeon Xpress 1200/1250 series of product.
- An error message is no longer reported when attempting to enable CrossFire on a system containing the Intel Gen2 chipset.
- Playing an HD DVD and attempting to do a random seek or change to a different chapter of the movie no longer results in corruption being noticed.
Known Issues Under the Windows Vista Operating System
- Armed Assault: A handle count leak is no longer noticed during game play in Task Manager.
- The system no longer become unresponsive and require a reboot while randomly moving Video Player window from primary to extended desktop under certain hardware configurations where the second adapter is an ATI Radeon X1200/1250/1270 series of product.
- Connecting a secondary display device followed by enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in a VPU Recover occurring when playing a DVD on the secondary display device using WinDVD.
- The PAL-M and NTSC-J are no longer missing from TV-format list found in the ATI Catalyst Control Center.
Known Issues Under the Windows XP Operating System
- Enabling CrossFire in the Radeon HD2900 XT will result in an error message and Crossfire will not actually be enabled.
- Playing a DVD under the Windows Vista operating system using the Windows Media Player may result in the DVD failing to play when switching between display devices using the hot-key function.
- Resuming from an S3 state may result in a longer than expected time for the Windows Vista operating system to resume.
- Hot-plugging a CRT to a system running Windows Vista and containing an ATI Radeon X1100/1150 series of product may result in extended desktop mode failing to be applied.
- The desktop shortcut to the Catalyst Control Center may disappear after performing a Windows Anytime Upgrade on some hardware configurations running Vista.
- Enabling CrossFire followed by disconnecting and then reconnecting the CRT display device may result in duplicate video options being seen within the Catalyst Control Center.
- Catalyst Control Center->Overdrive: The Overdrive setting are not retained for individual accounts. This issue may also be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system.
- Enabling CrossFire followed by setting AA to 14x and AF to 16x may result in the AA showing a setting of 0x level when disabling CrossFire and unchecking the AA option in the 3D aspect.
- Making changes to the Color aspect found in the Catalyst Control Center without applying the changes may result in the Reactivate ATI color controls button remaining active after the Catalyst Control Center is closed and then re-launched.
- The Record function currently fails to work when using an ATI All-In-Wonder X1300 and time shifting is enabled.
- A blank screen may be displayed after unchecking all the Component Video formats except when the 480i30 custom mode is applied.
- Enabling CrossFire followed by setting the Overdrive clocks to their maximum settings may result in the Catalyst Control Center failing to accurately report the requested Overdrive values.
- A green or black screen may be displayed when configuring MCE to ATSC mode.
- Setting the Avivo Video De-interlacing setting to auto, motion adaptive or vector adaptive may result in certain DVDs, menu videos and some special features failing to benefit from the options.
- Enabling CrossFire may result in display corruption being noticed when playing a DVD or media clip using either WinDVD 7, Windows Media Player or PowerDVD 6.
- Catalyst Control Center->OverDrive: The OverDrive setting are not retained for individual accounts. This issue may also be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system.
- Launching the release notes under the Japanese or Chinese version of Windows may result in the release notes displaying a blank page. This issue may also be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system.
- Some pixilated corruption may be observed while running the game Prey while hovering over the health packs from a distance on some hardware configurations running Win XP.
- The system may become unresponsive and require a reboot while randomly moving Video Player window from primary to extended desktop under certain hardware configurations where the second adapter is an ATI Radeon X1200/1250/1270 series of product.
- Connecting two display devices to an ATI Radeon X1600 series product may result in the device manager failing to detect the secondary display device.
- Corruption may be noticed when playing certain DVD titles when hardware acceleration is enabled on ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT product.