XML Nanny is een handige tool om XHTML- en XML-documenten te valideren op hun Well-Formedness. Dit programma voor het Mac OS X-platform valideert de documenten zowel lokaal als via het netwerk. Versie 1.2 is sinds kort beschikbaar en is voorzien van de volgende aanpassingen:
New features in XML Nanny 1.2:
New features in XML Nanny 1.1:
- XML Nanny now sports a URL combo box (text field with a drop-down list) instead of a normal input text field that is populated with your recent documents.
- Each error message is now a "Visualize this error in Safari" hyperlink that will open the document you are parsing in a Safari window, and attempt to highlight the region of the document that caused the error with a red border. This is done by tracking the HTML ids of elements as the document is parsed. When an error occurs, the element with the last id is remembered, and when you click on a specific error, the element with the corresponding last id will appear with a red border in Safari when you click the error. The effectiveness of this feature will depend greatly on the number or ids you have sprinkled in the XML document you are parsing. A document with lots of ids will be highlighted much more accurately.
- Improved error reporting. XML Nanny no longer stops parsing after the first parse error, but instead continues to parse and possibly find multiple errors in a single pass (similar to the W3C Validation service).
- Support for Validation against W3C XML Schema as well as DTDs. Now you can validate files that reference W3C XML Schema instances too!
- Much improved error messages -- more detailed and specific messages to help you diagnose the error quickly.
- Error count total in the status bar.