Tim Sweeney heeft een update gepost op de Unreal Tech page, met opmerkingen over Windows 2000:
I recently upgraded to Windows 2000 Release Candidate 2, and wanted to mention that it's extremely solid! With NVidia's latest Windows 2000 TNT/GeForce drivers, DirectX7's Direct3D and OpenGL both work flawlessly. What's cool about the new OS:
- High-performance DirectX7 Direct3D and OpenGL support.
- USB mouse support -- mouse movement is very smooth.
- Much more stable than Windows 98, especially for software development.
- Good administration tools, more powerful than NT4 and far easier to use.
- Great international support.
- Dual processor support.
- Plug and play.