David McNett (aka Nugget) van Distributed.net heeft een .plan update gepost over de trage statsbox updates van de afgelopen dagen (het duurt tegenwoordig tot minimaal 17:00u voordat de statistieken zijn geupdate, terwijl dat normaal gesproken al om 6:00u gedaan zou moeten zijn):
There is something quite unhealthy on statsbox at the moment which is causing daily updates to take an extremely long time to complete. Last night we disabled the phistory queries to see if that would alleviate the problem, and it didn't seem to help. I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to really take a close look at the issue. In the meantime, we're going to temporarily start restricting access to stats during portions of the update.
I'll post more as I know what's going on. It might turn out to be something simple... no way to know yet. [break] Ennuh, join de Dutch Power Cows voor het geval je dat nog niet gedaan hebt . Ik zie net dat we nu al 405 leden hebben!
Tevens een historisch feit in de geschiedenis van het RC5 grazen: Slashdot heeft Team EvangaLista (Mac club) van de eerste plaats verdreven in de overall stats!
*Update*: thanx to RemCow die ff aan gaf waar wél staat wat er fout is met de statsdoos: .plan update van Jim Nasby (Decibel): [/break] Well, there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that I think we found out what was causing the major slowdown on stats-box (yesterday's stats-run took about 20 hours to complete, obviously not a good thing.
Working off of a NuggetHunch, I've disabled the participant history functions. It's too soon to tell for sure, but this seems to have brought the currently running update back up to normal speed. Of course, this means that you can't check your history right now.
The good news is that if this is the problem, we can probably cure it by adding memory to the box (256 meg ECC DIMMS, for those of you in a generous mood ;8P ). The current theory is that the history query is killing our caching, since it has to sift through all ~20 million records in the main rc5 table.
We should be able to tell in a few hours if this actually solved the problem or not. Thanks for your patience!