Vandaag heeft Blizzard dan toch officieel Warcraft III aangekondigd. Check hier de press release. Voor meer info zou ik even naar GameCenter fietsen, sinds zij er al meteen een preview van hebben... Blizzard heeft overigens ook al meteen een officiële Warcraft III page online gemikt, die staat hier. Anyway, hier heb je wat info afkomstig uit de press release:
During a press conference today at the European Computer Trade Show, Blizzard Entertainment® announced what promises to be its most highly anticipated title ever. Departing from the current generation of real-time strategy games, Blizzard is developing Warcraft® III as a 3D RPS, or Role-Playing Strategy game.
By introducing role-playing elements to the Warcraft universe, Blizzard intends to elevate strategy games to a new level of interactivity. Instead of focusing on resource gathering and accumulating massive numbers of expendable units, Warcraft III will immerse players in a dynamic world, making the game environment much more compelling. Players will control smaller, more powerful forces as they adventure, complete quests and interact with non-player characters, while simultaneously devising strategies to succeed in the overarching mission of defeating opponents. Key features in the game include:
- Six different races to command including Orcs, Humans and Demons, each possessing unique units, magical abilities and weapons of war.
- Legendary heroes lead powerful forces while completing quests, gaining experience and acquiring special items.
- Fully interactive world that incorporates non-player characters; wandering monsters; neutral towns, strongholds and temples; and environmental effects.
- Skeletal and skinning animation process allows infinite frames of animation resulting in true fluid movement of 3D models.
- Advanced world design tools allow players to customize every aspect of the game including tile sets; character art; quests; mission objectives; and unit types, AI, attributes, special abilities and spells.
- Expanded multiplayer options over Battle.net™ including a larger number of players per game and multiple game types including team play and questing.
En hier vast wat shots: