Op één van de pagina's bij Sourceforge werken een aantal mensen in samenwerking met Intel aan Linux drivers voor de Intel PRO/Wireless 2100, een netwerkkaart die in veel Centrino-laptops is te vinden. De drivers werken op Linux met kernelversie 2.6 of hoger en 2.4 wanneer men gebruik maakt van een patch, en vereisen de Wireless Tools for Linux. Het versienummer is inmiddels aangekomen bij 1.0.4 en kent het volgende changelog:
Changes in 1.0.4:
Changes in 1.0.3:
- New logic to attempt to catch hung firmware (possibly caused by bad AP frame received)
- Yanked script trace (-x) from helper scripts (thanks to Henrik Brix Andersen)
- Fixed #407 more completely (thanks to Henrik Brix Andersen)
Changes in 1.0.2:
- Fixed #496 problem with wrong arguments being passed to set_security (thanks to Henrik Brix Andersen)
- Fixed #407 problem with disassociation events not being sent to user space when firmware is being restarted
- Fixed #523 problem with suspend not working (thanks to Stefan Dosinger and Henrik Brix Andersen)
- Fixed #545 type-o in error message (thanks to Henrik Brix Andersen)
- Fixed problem with stats not being usable by non iwconfig wireless tools
- Sync of ieee80211 with ipw2200 v0.22
Changes in 1.0.1:
- Synchronized ieee80211 subsystem w/ ipw2200 v0.18
- Fixed problem with a deadlock when setting the MAC address (thanks to Yi Zhu)
- Fixed problem where enabling HW RF Kill would sometimes result in the driver going into a loop of Disassociate/RF Kill/Associate/repeat.
- Fixed #466 problem with setting RTS hanging
- Fixed #454 problem with MODULE_VERSION not being used (thanks to Brix Andersen)
- Fixed #405 problem with driver not building when CONFIG_IEEE80211_DEBUG not defined
Changes in 1.0.0:
- Fixed #350 problem with user space applications receiving carrier link state changes before the BSSID has been updated after an association
- Fixed #322 Shared Key authentication to support differnet default Tx index keys
- Fixed #360 problem with networks showing up as hidden
- Fixed #326 problem with multicast and broadcast packets being fragmented
- Fixed problem with RF kill switch resulting in driver needing to be reloaded if cycled Off/On/Off multiple times
- Added semaphore to protect the enable/disable command to ensure it can complete successfully.
- Removed calls to reconfigure security if security hasn't changed
- Added additional debug messages while processing EAP frames in ieee80211_" rel="external">rx,tx
- Fixed problem of driver allowing packets to be received before in the associated state.
- Added HW kicking to the hang_check if the hardware has been silent for more than 0.5s.
- Reworked how the driver initializes the ieee80211 subsystem.
- Changed mode change code to schedule an adapter restart vs. invoking it directly. This was needed to be comaptible with the semaphore code added.
- Added ability to load WPA modules by load script
- Updated README.ipw2100 and ISSUES
- Stamped the version 1.0.0