Er wordt hard gesleuteld aan de open source Linux drivers voor de Intel PRO/Wireless 2100-netwerkkaart. Tien dagen geleden maakten we nog melding van versie 0.58 en inmiddels zijn we alweer vier versies verder. Het bijzondere aan dit project is dat het door Intel wordt ondersteund en gesponsord. De drivers zijn gemaakt voor Linux met kernelversie 2.6.4 of hoger. Daarnaast zijn de Wireless Tools voor Linux nodig en moet de firmware een bepaalde minimale versie hebben. Het changelog van de driver sinds de laatste vermelding in de meuktracker ziet er als volgt uit:
Changes in 0.62
Changes in 0.61
- Fixed #361: After set to monitor, can't unload
- Fixed #351: Lockup/Panic/etc. on rmmod/modprobe looping
- Fixed compilation problems if legacy firmware loader enabled
- Fixed compilation problems if CONFIG_PM is not defined
Changes in 0.60
- Fixed problem with AdHoc networks not being created after the channel and essid were provided
- Added support to reactively set the Cstate limit in the ACPI core (requires cstate patch to ACPI core)
Changes in 0.59
- Fixed problem with adapter not shutting down on module unload (thanks to Stefan Rompf)
- Added additional printks during the pci probe function to isolate initialization errors.
- Fixed #327 - noise level always 256dBm. iwconfig will no longer report the Noise level (we don't have access to that value)
- Changed delay for the wireless event (after association) to 1/10th second (vs 2. seconds) in an attempt to correct WPA problems (thanks to Pedro Ramalhais and Stefan Rompf)
- Fixed race condition during reset (thanks to Benjamin Osheroff)
- Reworked how context is tracked across monitor/managed/adhoc mode
- Added status, cfg, and capability sysfs entry
- Changed the security policy back to how it was in 0.58 to re-enable WPA
- Changed iwconfig output back to how it was in 0.58 to fix compatability with waproamd and any scripts that rely on /proc/net/wireless entries existing even when not associated
- Cleaned up the fatal_error and pci sysfs reporting function
- Removed cardmem, txqueue, and rxqueue sysfs entries
- Fixed potential bug with printk being passed a non-null terminated string
- Changed delay for the wireless event (after association) to 1/10th second (vs. 2 seconds) in an attempt to correct WPA problems.
- Fixed problem with the driver not loading if RF kill is active
- Added a KERN_INFO printk in net_dev->init indicating if RF kill is active.
- Fixed #340 - changing authentication mode resets the wep key
- Fixed #339 - txpower values are inverted
- Fixed problem where POWER_DOWN command was not being sent to card on shutdown (possibly fixes #76)
- Fixed #192 can't switch over to new AP if you turn off a previously associated AP
- Fixed problem with version number not displaying on driver load
- Changed security policy change logic to reconfigure security subsystem on capability change vs. forcing a disassociate
- Added IEEE80211_DL_EAP for debugging EAP packet transfers
- Partial transition to unified status, config, and capability bit-fields vs. multiple variables
- Significant changes to key management routines, especially in regard to multiple WEP key support.
- Reworked how the HW/SW RF Kill state is reported via sysfs. See README.ipw2100 for details.
- Changed iwconfig output to not defined undefined wireless stats while not associated (ie., Link Quality)
- Fixed problem with compiling on 2.6.10 (thanks to Yi Zhu)