7px;" title="ATi logo (middelgroot, bijgeknipt)" alt="ATi logo (middelgroot, bijgeknipt)"> ATi heeft versie 4.11 van zijn Catalyst-driver uitgebracht. Deze is beschikbaar met of zonder de onlangs geïntroduceerde Catalyst Control Center, en in afzonderlijke delen. Hoewel de driver beschikbaar is in 24 talen, is de Catalyst Control Center vooralsnog alleen in het Engels beschikbaar. Dat verklaart mogelijk waarom de complete download 30,6MB groot is, terwijl deze van versie 4.10 maar liefst 45,3MB was. De volledige release notes van deze uitgave zijn op deze pagina in te zien, maar in het kort zijn dit de veranderingen en de bekende problemen:
- The latest release of the Catalyst Software Suite now provides support for the following languages in the Catalyst Control Center:
- Simplified Chinese
- The latest release of the Catalyst Software Suite provides a new monitor properties page in the Catalyst Control Center. Each display device connected to the graphics accelerator will have its own monitor properties tab.
- Breed: Playing the game with the display device set to 1024x768 32bpp and AA set to 6x along with AF set to 8x and texture preference set to high performance no longer results in the game failing to respond
- HALO: Attempting to launch the game under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon X800 PCI-E series installed no longer results in the game failing to load.
- Joint Operation Typhoon Rising: An error message is no longer displayed when exiting the game under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon X700 installed. This issue occurs when the game option for Quality Performance is set to 1600x1200.
- Postal 2: The staircase now displays spots of red instead of becoming entirely red when a protester is killed using a machine gun
- Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon 7500 series installed no longer results in the building looking bright and appearing to flash
- Serious Sam: Playing the game under Windows XP with either an ATi Radeon 9000, 9200, or 9250 installed no longer results in Truform not being applied to OpenGL models
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The Windows XP operating system no longer randomly fails to respond when loading multiple levels
- Will Rock: Display corruption and missing textures are no longer noticed in the game
- Catalyst 4.11 includes a memory allocation bug fix for all AGP Radeon products with 256 of MB of memory that significantly improves performance for applications that make intensive us of graphics memory
- Importing files that have been captured using Pinnacle Media Center into Windows Movie Maker 2 no longer results in the Windows XP operating system failing to respond when an ATi Radeon X300 or X600 is installed
- Display corruption is no longer seen when preview the 3D Pipes screen saver when the display device is set to 2048x1536 16bpp
- Using Windows Movie Maker 2 under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon X300 or X600 installed no longer results in corrupt colors being displayed in the preview window
- Catalyst Control Center: The profile manager is now functioning properly when attempting to launch games such as Doom 3 and Quake 3
- Catalyst Control Center: Using the option "Restore factory defaults" no longer modifies the previously saved Custom view
- Catalyst Control Center: Changing the position of the gamma slider for display adapter 1 no longer changes the position of the gamma slider for display adapter 2
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- Call of Duty: Corruption is noticed when playing a saved game under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon 9100 PRO IGP series installed and having a variety of graphic options provided by the game are set too high.
- Everquest: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition installed results in the game displaying a black screen when setting the texture quality option to high and having all radio buttons selected.
- Myst URU Ages Beyond Myst: Attempting to turn 180 degrees and head towards the barb wire fence displayed within the game results in the system failing to respond. This issue is known to occur under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition installed.
- Rainbow six3: Athena Sword: Playing the game under Windows 2000 with an ATi Radeon X700 installed results in the game failing to retain its resolution option of 1600x1200 if you Alt-tab out of the game and then Alt-tab back to the game.
- Attempting to rotate the display 90 degrees and play an OpenGL game under Windows XP may result in the game failing to launch.
- Catalyst Control Center:
- Moving the media player from the primary desktop to the secondary desktop results in the Overlay Aspect sliders becoming disabled when moving the media player back to the primary display adapter.
- Playing a DVD with Theater mode enabled and a secondary display device connected along with clone mode enabled results in the Aspect Ratio option for full screen not working.
- Setting the Theater mode option to Same as All and playing a media file results in all the buttons for the overlay or standard setting option being greyed out.
- Assigning a hotkey to increase the overlay gamma results in the hotkey not functioning properly when playing an MPEG using the Windows Media Player.
- Playing a media file under Windows 2000 using the MS Media Player with Theater mode option set to Theater mode results in clone mode failing to be applied.
- The Apply button in the Custom settings of the Advanced mode found under the Catalyst Control Center Video standard settings is grayed out when playing a media file.
- Attempting to set the default colour settings may occasionally result in the default colour setting not being applied. This issue is known to occur under Windows XP with an ATi Radeon 9500 or 9800 installed.
- Attempting to add a custom timing specification such as; 960x724 for the HDTV device properties page, results in the custom timing not being added to the HDTV resolution menu list.
- Defining a custom view and hiding some of the aspects results in the Advanced View hiding the same aspects.
Display Driver, Control Panel, WDM Capture driver
Display Driver, Catalyst Control Center, WDM Capture driver (alleen in het Engels)
En dit zijn de afzonderlijke downloads:
Display Driver (8,5MB)
Control Panel (10,9MB)
Catalyst Control Center (14,6MB)
WDM Capture driver (laatste versie van 9 september, 3,9MB)