Het omzetten van dvd naar Super Video CD, oftewel svcd, is geen eenvoudige klus. Er is echter een programma, met de fantasierijke naam DVD2SVCD die daar verandering in probeert te maken. Het programma probeert een en ander zo eenvoudig mogelijk te maken. Je hoeft alleen maar in te stellen naar hoeveel cd's je wilt converteren, welk audio- en ondertitel-kanaal er gebruikt moet worden en het programma doet de rest. DVD2SVCD maakt gebruik van programma's als vStrip (om de dvd te rippen), DVD2AVI, Mpeg2dec, Avisynth en Cinema Craft Encoder. Meer informatie kan hier en hier gevonden worden. Onlangs is versie 1.2.2 build 2 van DVD2SVCD uitgekomen en het changelog laat naast een in de volgende versie op te lossen bug zien wat er allemaal is veranderd:
?? ???? 2004 version 1.2.2 build 3
23 august 2004 version 1.2.2 build 2
- Bug fix: Well, the "Do not convert audio (use source audio)" didn't work when doing AVI files with AC3 audio, funny thing is that it should have worked because that's why I made it.
- New feature: I have added support for Nic's QuEnc. Now DVD2SVCD can be run with freeware programs only if you want to . However QuEnc is still in it's infancy and it is based on ffMPEG which have problems maintaing the Average bitrate when using VBR. Many promises has been made by the developer(s) of ffMPEG to fix this, but they never gets around to it, hint hint
- Bug fix: Using fixed chapters with scenarist wasn't too cool. The chapters were not sequential.
- Enhancement: If you're converting AVI of DVB files you can select the audio language (instead of using unspecified)
- Bug fix: The SmartDeinterlace And Blendfields Interlace options are working again (Bach)
- Bug fix: The GOP Sizes is not locked when using DVDAuthor (Only scenarist has this stupid limitation) (Bach)
- Bug fix: The CD Sizes in the frame selection window now matches those in the bitrate tab. (DDogg)
- Bug fix: When selecting "Keep interlaced" Anamorphic output wouldn't work (alas the 16: 9 flag would not be set) when using CCE.
- Enhancement: Added support for Donald Grafts (neuron2) DVD2AVIdg version
- Bug fix: Quite a few AVI files didn't work right with the internal audio extraction. (DDogg)
- Bug fix: Fixed the AVI resize calculations. (jsoto and nick)
- Bug fix: If a subtitle stream had an unspecified language the subs would be extracted completely black (bobwillis)
- Bug fix: When doing NTSC dvd2dvd with Scenarist the subtitles could sometimes overlap, causing scenarist to fail (bobwillis)
- Bug fix: If you had used MPEG5.1 audio output and then on a later encode switched to "Do not convert audio" the MPEG5.1 program would still be run and thus later on the muxer would fail. (Mascot28)
- Bug fix: The Bilinear avisynth script was wrong (addborder was missing) when doing a clean installation of dvd2svcd (DDogg)
- Bug fix: If you were using DirectShowSource as your AVI reader in avisynth, dvd2svcd could fail with a file not open if you had been in preview first. This was due to a minor bug in directshowsource.dll. Thanks to sh0dan for fixing this so fast
- Enhancement: You can now select "Do not convert audio" when doing AVI2x. But be aware that you're on your own if you use it. If you get any errors during the process deselect "do not convert audio"[break]