Version 188.8.131.52, 20 June 2001
Compatibility fixes and improvements:
- Major redesign of all functions.
- "Copy on the Fly" added, including copy of Subchannel Data, ISRC numbers, Catalog Numbers, CD+G, CD+Midi, PreGaps and Indices *WITHOUT* the need of time consuming "Subchannel Scans" before the start(requires DAO-RAW capable writer).
- Own Memory Allocation, which prevents Windows to "swap out" buffers. This works with Windows 9X/ME and Windows NT/2000!
- Error skipping with several CD-ROMs or DVD-ROMs (e.g., TOSHIBA) up to 3 times faster!
- CloneCD can be launched several times. If you start CloneCD several times, you can write the same image file on different recorders at the same time!
- Added optional creation of "Sheets". "Cue-Sheets" can be used to process images created with CloneCD with many other CD-Writing applications, e.g. Nero.
- Added option to abort on read errors.
- Added option to load and save copy profiles.
- Some options which only confused people have been removed.
- Improved SAO-RAW mode. SAO-RAW mode can now copy MultiSession, CD-Extra, ISRC Numbers, Catalog Numbers, Gaps and Indices.
- Added "SAO" (without RAW) mode, so the "rest of the MMC CD-Writers" is now supported as well (SONY CRX-100, HP8100, Toshiba SDR-1002, just to name a few)
- Redesigned File I/O.
- All I/O operations are now timed to prevent, that CloneCD "hangs" forever.
- Redesigned UI. Easier to use.
- All functions can be controlled by the keyboard.
- UI improved for blind or visually impaired people.
- Added "Wait for Disc Insertion" Sound.
- Demo Version now writes at full speed and saves all settings.
- Demo Version is restricted to 21 days of trial time.
- Locale Editor allows you to create your own localized CloneCD version.
- Language can be switched "on the fly".
- Added "ccddriver.dll". If support for new CD-Writers is added in a future version, only this small file needs to be updated.
- Many more CD-Recorders are supported, e.g. ACER CD-RW 1208 including CD-Text / CD+G writing and Seamless Link, AOPEN CRW1232-A/Pro including Just Link, NEC NR-7700A including Burn Proof, RICOH 7125 including Just Link, YAMAHA 2200 including BurnProof, SANYO BP1500 and SANYO BP5 including 24x writing and Burn Proof, just to name a few.
- Hardware requirements updated.
- Fixed page locking bug in ElbyCDIO driver for Windows 9x/ME.
- Fixed bug in Setup program, which caused the ElbyCDIO driver not always to be updated correctly.
- Many minor bugs fixed.