Door nVidia zijn nieuwe unified drivers vrijgegeven voor moederborden die voorzien zijn van een nForce-, nForce2-, of nForce3-chipset. De nForce WHQL 4.24 drivers zijn vooralsnog alleen beschikbaar voor het Windows 2000 en XP platform. Op de website van nVidia wordt er het volgende over vertelt:
- Windows XP users must install Service Pack 1 prior to attempting to install this package. Failure to do so will result in the inability to support USB 2.0.
- Audio drivers will not install on the following nForce2 products: Chaintech 7NJS. Please use the drivers that come with these products to enable audio functionality.
- Installation of DirectX 9.0 or higher is required in order to use NVMixer.
Windows XP Driver Versions:
- WHQL certified kit
- Unified drivers with support for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3 products. This package does not include support for dual-processor systems.
- General compatibility fixes
- Audio Driver Improvements
- Introduced NVMixer - replaces SoundStorm Control Panel for all audio configuration tasks. Note that NVMixer operates best when run at 1024x768 16-bit color
- Introduced improved AC '97 / Soft Audio driver - adds EQ, speaker cloning, and speaker wizard support
- Introduced Speaker Wizard - incorporates all NVSwap features, ensures correct speaker setup on analog or digital speaker systems
- Introduced Cinesurround - virtual 5.1 mixdown to headphones or 2 speakers
- Introduced new Environments - simple, preset driven sound environments
- Enhanced ASIO support and added support for AC '97 / Soft Audio systems
- Added user adjustable "rear channel creation" support - adds off, clone, reverb and delay
- Added support for Realtek ALC655 codecs, Realtek ALC658 codecs, and 7.1 support for Realtek ALC850 codecs
- Added support for WMV-HD audio streams and WaveFormatExtensible calls
- Improved playback of mono content
- Addressed audio issues in numerous games and applications
- Storage Driver Improvements:
- Support for Serial ATA controllers
- Full NVIDIA RAID functionality on supported platforms
- Improved compatibility with 3rd-party drive management, CD ripping and recording software.
- Automatic DMA-mode fall-back when data errors are present due to poor cabling
- Improved handling of various storage devices
- Audio driver 4.31 (WHQL)
- Audio utilities 4.31
- Ethernet driver 4.16 (WHQL)
- GART driver 3.77 (WHQL)
- Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
- SMBus driver 4.04 (WHQL)
- Installer 4.38
- IDE NVIDIA driver 4.12