De mensen van Deerfield hebben betaversie 2.2.12 van VisNetic Firewall beschikbaar gesteld voor het grote publiek. De vuurmuur voor het Windows-platform houdt ongewenste connecties buiten je computer of lokaal netwerk. Hieronder staan de algemene veranderingen van de 2.2-betabranche:
New features in VisNetic Firewall 2.2 Beta include:
- Creation of IP Groups. This will enable administrators to apply a single firewall rule to multiple IP addresses.
- Creation of Port Groups. This feature is very similar to the "IP Groups" feature, but applies to TCP and UDP ports.
- MAC rules now support "trusted" status. TCP, UDP and ICMP rules can now be restricted to apply to systems that you "trust" (they use MAC addresses that you specify in MAC rules).
- The log display has been improved to show the protocol fields and the contents of the packet that triggered the log entry. This display screen also gives you the option to save the packet information you see to a file.
- Implementation of tarpitting. A "tarpit" is a trap for troublesome outsiders. Your system accepts connections but never replies and ignores disconnect requests. This can leave spammers, worms and port scanners stuck for hours, even days. Now, entries in the Ban List can be designated as tarpits.