En dan nu weer de gebruikelijke wekelijkse CloneCD-update. Deze keer een wat langer update-lijstje dan normaal:
- Reduced the default buffer size again. A large buffer often hurts more than it helps, because Windows will swap the buffer to the pagefile!
- Simplified the I/O Routines. This change makes the I/O code more maintainable and - according to customer reports- it seems like some strange bugs, that we were never able to reproduce on our test machines, are gone now.
- Improved stability of the read engine.
- Improved Installer & Uninstaller. User settings are now removed, if CloneCD is uninstalled, or a new version is installed. This fixes various problems caused by changed default settings.
- Some cosmetic changes
Compatibility fixes and improvements:
- All SANYO CD-Writers:
While a CD was erased, the computer could stop responding.
- SONY CRX-120E, HP8200i, HP8210i:
Improved check, if writing is finished.
- SCSI MMC CD-ROMs (e.g., Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1201):
On certain source CDs, the wrong read mode was selected, causing a "Drive not compatible" error.
- The change of CloneCD's I/O Routines seems to fix a number of strange bugs that customers have reported, e.g. program hang after writing to CD.
- 3rd try to fix rare problem of a crash, when the "File Info" button is clicked.
- Handling of the Info Window was incorrect.
- Some cosmetic bugs fixed.