Mozilla-gebruikers kunnen zich verheugen op de eerste public release van de 1.5-reeks. Deze is gisteren in de vorm van alpha 1.5 uitgebracht en is beschikbaar voor Windows, Linux x86 en MacOS X. De volgende lijst met veranderingen is achtergelaten door de developers:
New Features and Fixes
- Many great improvements to Mozilla Composer including:
- better resizing for images, tables and absolutely positioned objects
- support for absolutely positioned objects, movable on the canvas using the mouse
- support for z-index management
- "snap to grid" when moving an absolutely positioned object
- Source View now uses an editor instead of a simple textarea (allows find and replace)
- numerous fixes in caret management, inline styles handling and CSS styles handling
- Chatzilla now has support for logging and lots of bugfixes.
- Dom Inspector can now display the #document node (the document root.)
- A quicksearch filter has been implemented for about:config.
- Improvements to tabbed browsing including:
- Back and Forward navigation for tabbed browsing and bookmark groups has been improved. Users can now use the back button after loading a bookmark group to restore the previous tabs.
- Closing a window with multiple tabs now prompts the user with a confirmation dialog (which can be disabled for future close operations.)
- The '::' notation for CSS pseudo-elements is now supported. The old ':' notation is still supported for the various -moz-* pseudo-elements, but will NOT be supported in 1.5b. Themes should be updated to use the '::' notation for pseudo-elements.
These are items that have been added to the known issues page since the last milestone although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.
[break]De eerstvolgende betaversie van de 1.5-branche is volgens de roadmap in de eerste week van augustus te verwachten. De 1.5-final is in de laatste week van dezelfde maand te downloaden, en als alles goed gaat wordt er in oktober begonnen met de 1.6-branche .
- Some Mozilla users on Windows are having GDI resource problems. This is probably one of the dependencies of bug 204374.
- The Linux binaries distributed by mozilla.org are now compiled with GCC 3.2. If you're using these binaries then popular plug-ins like RealPlayer, compiled with previous versions of GCC, will not work.