Visual Studio Code is een opensourcecode-editor met ondersteuning voor IntelliSense, debugging, Git en code snippets. Ondersteuning voor de gangbare script- en programmeertalen is aanwezig, en het kan daarnaast via extensies uitgebreid worden. Microsoft heeft al weer even geleden versie 1.18.1 uitgebracht. De bijbehorende lijst met aanpassingen ziet er als volgt uit:
Version 1.18.1 - October Recovery 2017
Version 1.18.0 - October 2017
- Version 1.18.1 is absent in linux repo
- gitDecoration.ignoredResourceForeground Theme Bug
- 'The preLaunchTask 'xxxx' cannot be tracked.' exception after installing the October 1.18 release
- Workspace recommendations that are file based recommendations as well, repeat in the split view
- Git: checkIgnore nested Promise/resolve bug (with PR)
- Shell task doesn't finish
- Alt+F S no longer a single action
- Report "spawn UNKNOWN" when global searching
- Zombie breakpoints when editing lines around a breakpoint
- Welcome page needs to update Python extension id
- multi-root folders: excluding dot files from a folder makes it invisible in file explorer
Welcome to the October 2017 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of significant updates in this release and we completed several popular outstanding feature requests. We hope you like it and the highlights include:
The release notes are arranged in the following sections related to VS Code focus areas. Here are some further updates:
- Multi-root workspaces released to Stable - Group a logical set of folders into a single workspace.
- Vertical panels - Dock panels (Terminal, Output, or Debug Console) to the right of your editor.
- Git indicators in the Explorer - See pending file changes in the File Explorer.
- Inline pending change review - View pending changes and perform partial commits in the editor.
- Several performance improvements - Faster Windows start-up and editor performance tuning.
- Auto imports for JS/TS - Relevant imports are added as you call local symbols.
- Extract local variable for JS/TS - Refactor a new local variable based on your selection.
- Install @types for TypeScript - A new Quick Fix adds missing @types files to your project.
- Improved extension recommendations - Recommendations are highlighted in extension searches.
- Workbench - Blue product logo, panels overflow support, file move confirmation.
- Integrated Terminal - Better Windows support, show faint text, unset environment keys.
- Source Control - Inline pending change view, File Explorer indicators.
- Languages - TypeScript 2.6.1, localized JS/TS messages, IntelliSense inside strings and comments.
- Debugging - Debug configuration in the Status Bar, Debug view focus commands, console coloring.
- Extension Authoring - ConfigurationChangeEvent, async Input Box validation, folder open/closed icons.