Versie 2.2.0 van de opensource-protocol-analyzer en -packetsniffer Wireshark is uitgekomen. Met dit programma kunnen verschillende datapakketten en netwerkprotocollen op het netwerk worden geanalyseerd. Ook kan het programma eerder opgeslagen dataverkeer als invoer gebruiken. Wireshark is geschikt voor Windows, Linux en OS X, met aparte downloads voor 32bit- en 64bit-uitvoeringen van de besturingssystemen. In versie 2.0 is onder meer de interface onder handen genomen. In Windows is er nog de optie om de oude te gebruiken, maar die zal vanaf versie 2.2 helemaal verwijderd worden. In deze uitgave zijn daarnaast nog de volgende verbeteringen aangebracht:
New and Updated Features
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.2.0rc2:
- No major changes since 2.2.0rc2.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.2.0rc1:
"Decode As" supports SSL (TLS) over TCP.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.1.1:
- Invalid coloring rules are now disabled instead of discarded. This will provide backward compatibility with a coloring rule change in Wireshark 2.2.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.1.0:
- Added -d option for Decode As support in Wireshark (mimics TShark functionality)
- The Qt UI, GTK+ UI, and TShark can now export packets as JSON. TShark can additionally export packets as Elasticsearch-compatible JSON.
- The Qt UI now supports the -j, -J, and -l flags. The -m flag is now deprecated.
- The Conversations and Endpoints dialogs are more responsive when viewing large numbers of items.
- The RTP player now allows up to 30 minutes of silence frames.
- Packet bytes can now be displayed as EBCDIC.
- The Qt UI loads captures faster on Windows.
- proto_tree_add_checksum was added as an API. This attempts to standardize how checksums are reported and filtered for within *Shark. There are no more individual "good" and "bad" filter fields, protocols now have a "checksum.status" field that records "Good", "Bad" and "Unverified" (neither good or bad). Color filters provided with Wireshark have been adjusted to the new display filter names, but custom ones may need to be updated.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.0.0:
- The intelligent scroll bar now sits to the left of a normal scroll bar and provides a clickable map of nearby packets.
- You can now switch between between Capture and File Format dissection of the current capture file via the View menu in the Qt GUI.
- You can now show selected packet bytes as ASCII, HTML, Image, ISO 8859-1, Raw, UTF-8, a C array, or YAML.
- You can now use regular expressions in Find Packet and in the advanced preferences.
- Name resolution for packet capture now supports asynchronous DNS lookups only. Therefore the "concurrent DNS resolution" preference has been deprecated and is a no-op. To enable DNS name resolution some build dependencies must be present (currently c-ares). If that is not the case DNS name resolution will be disabled (but other name resolution mechanisms, such as host files, are still available).
- The byte under the mouse in the Packet Bytes pane is now highlighted.
- TShark supports exporting PDUs via the
- The Windows and OS X installers now come with the "sshdump" and "ciscodump" extcap interfaces.
- Most dialogs in the Qt UI now save their size and positions.
- The Follow Stream dialog now supports UTF-16.
- The Firewall ACL Rules dialog has returned.
- The Flow (Sequence) Analysis dialog has been improved.
- We no longer provide packages for 32-bit versions of OS X.
- The Bluetooth Device details dialog has been added.
New File Format Decoding Support
Wireshark is able to display the format of some types of files (rather than displaying the contents of those files). This is useful when you’re curious about, or debugging, a file and its format. To open a capture file (such as PCAP) in this mode specify "MIME Files Format" as the file’s format in the Open File dialog.
New Protocol Support
Apache Cassandra - CQL version 3.0, Bachmann bluecom Protocol, Bluetooth Pseudoheader for BR/EDR, Cisco ERSPAN3 Marker, Cisco ttag, Digital Equipment Corporation Local Area Transport, Distributed Object Framework, DOCSIS Upstream Channel Descriptor Type 35, Edge Control Protocol (ECP), Encrypted UDP based FTP with multicast, Ericsson IPOS Kernel Packet Header (IPOS), Extensible Control & Management Protocol (eCMP), FLEXRAY Protocol (automotive bus), IEEE 802.1BR E-Tag, Intel Omni-Path Architecture, ISO 8583-1, ISO14443, ITU-T G.7041/Y.1303 Generic Framing Procedure (GFP), LAT protocol (DECNET), Metamako trailers, Network Service Header for Ethernet & GRE, Network-Based IP Flow Mobility (NBIFOM), Nokia Intelligent Service Interface (ISI), Open Mobile Alliance Lightweight Machine to Machine TLV (LwM2M TLV), Real Time Location System (RTLS), RTI TCP Transport Layer (RTITCP), SMB Witness Service, STANAG 5602 SIMPLE, Standard Interface for Multiple Platform Link Evaluation (SIMPLE), USB3 Vision Protocol (USB machine vision cameras), USBIP Protocol, UserLog Protocol, and Zigbee Protocol Clusters (Closures Lighting General Measurement & Sensing HVAC Security & Safety)
Updated Protocol Support
Bluetooth OBEX dissector (btobex) was renamed to Obex Dissector (obex), which allows it to be used with "Decode As" over USB, TCP and UDP.
New and Updated Capture File Support
The libwireshark API has undergone some major changes:
- The address macros (e.g., SET_ADDRESS) have been removed. Use the (lower case) functions of the same names instead.
- "old style" dissector functions (that don’t return number of bytes used) have been replaced in name with the "new style" dissector functions.
- tvb_get_string and tvb_get_stringz have been replaced with tvb_get_string_enc and tvb_get_stringz_enc respectively.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Packet list rows are oversized. (Bug 4357)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Wireshark should let you work with multiple capture files. (Bug 10488)
Dell Backup and Recovery (DBAR) makes many Windows applications crash, including Wireshark. (Bug 12036)
De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- Windows Installer (64-bit)
- Windows Installer (32-bit)
- Windows PortableApps® (32-bit)
- macOS 10.6 and later Intel 64-bit .dmg
- Source Code