Illustrate heeft release 16.0 van dBpoweramp Music Converter uitgebracht. Met dit audiobewerkingsprogramma kunnen audio-cd's worden geript en kunnen muziekbestanden van en naar onder andere mp3, mp4, m4a, wma, Ogg Vorbis, aac, Monkey's Audio, flac en alac worden geconverteerd, met behoud van tags. Verder kunnen de mp3-tags worden aangepast en kan het programma volledig in Windows Explorer worden geïntegreerd, waardoor het gemakkelijk aan te roepen is. De basisversie, voor het rippen van cd's en het converteren van bestanden, is gratis. Voor extra functionaliteit moet worden betaald. Tegenwoordig is er ook een versie voor OS X. In deze update zijn de volgende veranderingen aangebracht:
- New visual style, high DPI aware, 200% and 300% compatible
- Configure dBpoweramp repurposed as dBpoweramp Control Centre, only elevates on changes to shell settings
- Configuration, if proxy server is enabled but no proxy server is set, it is disabled.
- DSP Effects included as standard in all installs, DSP version number is now dBpoweramps version number
- dBpoweramp Shell Tag Editor - looks up art with PerfectTUNES
- Naming Section total rewrite
- Naming Added new values [track_unpad] [track_total_unpad] for unpadded track number and count
- Naming [IFEQUALS] check will match from multiple stored values, such as one match from 3 genres
- Naming added [REPLACE] function
- Naming added [WORD] function to limit word count
- Can add or remove CPU Cores from converting whilst converting
- Nearly instant when converting 1000's of files if the file naming does not require ID Tags reading for filenames
- Works with DSP effect 'conditional encoding' to allow programmable actions on files depending on their settings (such as copy 1:1 mp3, not encode)
- Option to precache read the source file, more for non-ssd systems, improves read performance by 100%
- New option (in configuration) 'Filename restricted characters'
- When finalizing DSP Effects (such as 100K RG album gains being written), the display is now responsive
- m4a: able to read m4a file designated as mp42 or mp41 internally (really .mp4)
- m4a: displays bit rate for fdk vbr encoded files
- m4a separates out multi artist etc internally as individual tags, for maximum compatibility (option in config allows reverse order or / separated)
- Volume Normalize EBU-R128 defaults to -18 dB target volume.
- ID Tag Processing, multi-artists etc added with Additions are correctly detected as multiples if separated as '; '
- ReplayGain identifies albums also with Disc number.
- Resample effect has new minimum and maximum options.
- New Icons
- New Effect: Conditional Encoding (R16 or above required)
- Volume Normalize added Adaptive EBU-R128 option, and redesigned settings page
- Can edit tags such as artist in track listing
- Simplified interface, refresh and metadata button combined now
- Metadata cache stores intel metadata providers separately, also error and info logs, and size increased by default to 200MB
- AMG replaced with Discogs for metadata and PerfectTUNES for ART (AMG is EOL Q3 2016)
- Album Art Choose (from Internet) can type the artist and album names. PerfectTUNES is searched also for art.
- Pasting art from clipboard, can paste URL containing art, or filename location
- New option: rc on track listing >> Paste track titles from clipboard: this open will take a multiline list in the form artist - title or just title and replace the title and artist.
- Manual Metadata Review: Has cancel button, also shows genre or year as if they are not uniform across all tracks
- Metadata trims lead and end spaces
- New Option (on options page, note not compatible with Multi-Encoder) "When Ripping":
- Rip to '._' files, rename album at end (default option)
- Rip to temporary folder, move album at end
- Rip direct to final filenames
- Submit to freedb restrictions lifted
- Right click folder >> dBpoweramp Batch Convert with multiple folders selected, only 1 Batch Converter appears
- Visually better when processing large number of files
- Added profile support, also profiles passed onto Music Converter so Codec selection / DSPs, etc are unique to that profile name
- Added metadata filter based exclusion / inclusions
- Quicker at processing large number of files
- Total redesign
- Predictive typing for artist + album (based on perfecttunes known artists)
- Default tags (shown when no tags present) can be edited: %appdata%\dBpoweramp\DefaultTagEdit.txt
- Added new configuration option 'dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tags' for folders Bugs fixed:
- Isrc would not read on all systems
- ACM wave compression would not always work on certain systems
- [tags]album artist,_COMMA_  works, [IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist,_COMMA_,NO ALBUM ARTIST does not (if have multi album artists)
- Cd ripper: cd-text: genre would not populate if represented as binary
- Using dsp effects 'audio cd delete silence' and replaygain could create blank files and delay ripping at end