Versie 126.96.36.199 van GWX Control Panel is uitgekomen. Dit programma is bedoeld voor Windows 7- en 8-gebruikers die niet willen of kunnen overstappen naar Windows 10. GWX Control Panel verwijderd niet alleen KB3035583, waarmee het pop-upscherm en de bijbehorende services uitgeschakeld worden, ook geplande taken en registersleutels worden weggehaald. Datzelfde geldt voor de Windows 10-installatiebestanden als die al zijn gedownload. De software is beschikbaar als een los uitvoerbaar programma of als installatiebestand. In deze uitgave zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
- Monitor Mode now has new "Change Monitor Mode preferences" menu option where you can select what kind of events you'd like to be notified about.
- All buttons and dynamic text fields in the program have tooltips that appear when you float the mouse over them, for extended information.
- Added a new information field and detection logic for "non-critical" Windows 10 settings. Previous versions of GWX Control Panel monitored these settings, but bundled most of them under "Windows 10 Upgrades." Now, the "Windows 10 Upgrades" logic is only tied to settings and features known to directly affect visible Windows 10 upgrade behavior.
- Added new Enable/Disable Non-critical Windows 10 Settings button so users can change those settings at will without affecting the computers "Windows 10 Upgrades" status.
- Added "Click to" to the names of all buttons to make it clear that the button text represents actions, not status. The upper "information" area is where to look for your computer's current status.
- The Status and settings summary now includes more detailed information, including occasional steps on how to resolve certain issues.
- Monitor Mode now waits 30 seconds before generating any alerts if it starts up when a user logs into Windows. This should resolve some "false alarm" alerts that happened because other applications and system services were still starting up, and were accidentally identified as having changed configuration status. Monitor Mode instances launched directly from GWX Control Panel do instant alerting if new settings are detected.
- Software Protection service status now included in diagnostic logs. (GWX Control Panel doesn't currently interact with this service, but since it's required for Windows Update to work, this info can help in troubleshooting.)
- Diagnostic logs now include specific alert information as alerts are generated and resolved. This info is included in both Monitor Mode and "normal mode" reports.
- Fixed a silly glitch with the Change Windows Update Settings feature that disabled the wrong button in the UI while settings were being applied.
- Now detects whether Monitor Mode is set up to use a different version of the program from the currently running process. This should help troubleshoot problems that stand-alone users encounter when they have multiple copies of the program on their system.