Versie 3.0.1 van NZBVortex is uitgekomen. Dit programma is een van de meest gebruikte usenet-clients voor OS X. Het heeft alles wat je van een moderne usenet-client mag verwachten, waaronder ondersteuning voor verschillende servers, verbindingen en threads, notificaties via Growl, de mogelijkheid om gebruik te maken van rss-feeds en een nzb-watch folder, verificatie en reparatie van par-bestanden, en ga zo maar door. NZBVortex wordt uitgebracht als shareware. Een licentie kost 16 euro en tijdelijk is dat de helft. Nieuw in versie 3.0 is onder meer NZBVortex Cloud en ondersteuning voor OS X 10.10 Yosemite
As we all know usenet gets a little harder now as downloads have weird names, are passworded and downloads are taken offline regularly. We think we have found a solution: we will make the NZBVortex clients work together and help each other! Some examples of what NZBVortex Cloud will offer:
New and Yosemite optimized Interface
- You can now rename downloads: will be shared to other users.
- Weird download names will automatically be renamed
- Weird filenames will be automatically renamed
- Junk and spam will be detected more efficient
- Allow you to rename download – these names are shared in the cloud
- If a download is passworded your client will inform other clients
- It will share well known archive password if available
- If a download is too damaged on your usenet server(s) other clients will be informed on the same server(s)
- Fully and I mean fully anonymous, we are out of NSA reach – servers store NO identifying information – we are serious about this!
- No monthly fees; all included in the one-time license purchase
- … more feature will be added in future updates
Improved download results
- A more modern and fresh looking interface which is more cleaner and focusses on the content.
- New and fresh Icon including a progress bar in the dock while downloading.
- It introduces OS X 10.10 Yosemite-like interface even back to OS X 10.7 – we care for you guys and adding more animation in 10.9 and newer.
- Added OS X 10.10 Yosemite specific UI design which makes NZBVortex really fit in well in OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- On top of all the improvements resulting from NZBVortex Cloud the following has been added to improve your download results:
- Improved password detection
- Improved junk detection
- Automatically choose best final filename when obfuscated
- Improved filename detection in article subjects
- Modernised all API’s and removed a lot of old code and replaced with modern code
- Replaced custom scrollviews and use new ones offered by Apple
- Updated to a custom build unrar 5.1 – around 5% more performance
- Optimised threading and thread handling
- Completely rewritten the HTTP(S) file downloader
- Updated Sparkle update framework to version 1.7.1
- Updated CocoaHTTPServer to reference 2.3 implemented
- Newest Par2SL version which fixes a small corner case issues
- All code has been inspected and rewritten at places, cleaned and modernised.
- You are able to rename downloads.
- Improved RSS result parser for search results
- Make NZBClub search work again
- Improve rar-in-rar junk detection
- Fixed a few very rare crashes and hangs
- Lower CPU usage on lower specced Macs
- Improved Split Join functionality
- Support new failure report URL scheme for newznab sites
- Quicker quit time of the app