Driver Fusion is de opvolger van Driver Sweeper. Met dit programma kunnen oude drivers worden opgeschoond. Bij het verwijderen van oude drivers via een meegeleverde uninstaller of via het configuratiescherm worden namelijk lang niet altijd alle bestanden van die driver van het systeem verwijderd en ook blijven er nog wel eens sleutels in het register achter. Dit kan in enkele gevallen leiden tot stabiliteits- of prestatieproblemen. Driver Fusion is verkrijgbaar in een gratis versie en in een Premium-versie die extra functionaliteit biedt. De gratis versie is gebundeld met adware, prijzen voor de Premiumuitvoering beginnen bij 13 euro. De changelog voor versie 2.0.0 laat de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen zien:
- Health check - Community suggested feature - Health check analyses your computer's health and helps you to easily fix the detected issues. Its automatic driver updater is ideal for installing missing or newer drivers without having to worry about technical details. You can also use health check to create a backup of all installed drivers at once. **
- Driver backup & online - Community suggested feature - The installed driver version is now displayed to easily distinguish between the different driver versions. **
- Driver backup & online - Community suggested feature - Added a filter to hide the installed driver version from the available drivers that can be installed. **
- Driver backup & online - Community suggested feature - The installed driver version and the backed up driver version (if any) is now displayed. **
- Device control - Driver files now includes the information file (.inf) and catalog file (.cat) from the installed driver. **
- Device control - Driver backups are now stored in an easy to understand folder name by including the device name and driver version. **
- Device identifier - Increased the amount of devices that can be identified as a result of multiple inquiries per device. **
- Filters - You can now use a file and directory browser to make it easier to select a file or directory.
- Device control - Improved the performance of retrieving device and driver information. **
- Device control - Driver backups now store more data in the backup information file (.3xy) to improve filtering for devices. **
- Device control - Driver files now automatically wrap the text when it exceeds the available width. **
- Device control - It is now possible to enable and disable devices with encountered problems. **
- Device control - Improved the performance of loading all devices by about 800%. This is especially noticeable on Windows XP and Windows Vista. **
- Monitor - The interface is no longer disabled during initial loading of the screen. Loading is now also immediately finished when visiting the monitor screen again. **
- Interface - In case of a network problem, the premium status is now only reset when going to another screen. This allows the user to continue with their current screen even though online features will be out of order due to the network problem. **
- History - The interface is no longer disabled during initial loading of the screen.
- Interface - Improved the overall responsiveness of Driver Fusion.
- Interface - The file sizes of empty files are now displayed as 0 KB instead of 0 B.
- Settings - Renamed messages, located in the general section, to protection.
- Settings - The system restore setting is now located under protection in the general section.
- System protection - On Windows 8, system protection is now always executed regardless of the age of a previous restore point. This is now consistent with the behaviour from previous Windows versions.
- Steam - Removed Steam Community Overlay integration as it was disabled by Valve.
** Only on Premium Edition
- Device control - On Windows XP, a driver backup could in some cases not find a catalog file. **
- Device control - On Windows Vista, driver information would sometimes be empty. **
- Device control - On Windows Vista, a driver could in some cases not be downloaded. **
- Device control - A driver backup was not saving the backup information file (.3xy) when the backup location was changed. This prevented Driver Fusion from automatically detecting the created backups. **
- Device control - Several dates, such as the driver release date, were not displayed in accordance with the regional settings of Windows. **
- Device control - Very short button flickering when selecting a different device. **
- Device control - The backup and uninstall buttons were still visible when there was no driver installed. **
- Product activation - Adding an existing Driver Fusion Premium product code displayed the incorrect error message.
- Starting/closing - Several issues that caused Driver Fusion to close unintentionally.
- Steam - Fixed an issue with the Steam build that caused Driver Fusion to randomly close immediately after starting.