Het anti-spam programma SpamNet van Cloudmark is aangekomen bij betaversie 7c. Deze aanpak van anti-spam beveiliging wordt hier in een tweakers.net nieuwsartikel beschreven. Tot nu toe wordt alleen Outlook 2000 en XP ondersteund, ondersteuning voor Outlook Express laat nog even opzich wachten. De volgende veranderingen zijn terug te vinden in het changelog:
- Installation errors 1904 and 1905 - This version resolves all known issues with SpamNet setup failing to install and uninstall the product due to registration errors 1904 and 1905.
- Whitelisting improvements - Some newsletter whitelist entries didn't work in previous versions because the actual sender's address was entered in a field that SpamNet didn't scan. This version resolves this issue and scans multiple fields for the whitelisted address.
- Improved SpamNet options tab - The SpamNet options tab layout has been changed to match the look and feel of the Outlook Options interface.
- Incoming Mail Check Automatically - This feature has been renamed from Enable SpamNet to clarify its purpose. The feature allows users to stop SpamNet from checking new mail. If unchecked, SpamNet is fully activated, but will not evaluate new messages.
- TeS improvements - This version deploys various improvements to the Truth Evaluation System that gives each user a system trust rating and determines the nature of messages.
- Algorithm improvements - SpamNet uses various algorithms to identify spam messages. This release made improvements to one of those algorithms enabling it to better identify spam and minimize cases of filtering legitimate email.
- Networking improvements - SpamNet connectivity to Cloudmark servers has been redesigned to provide a higher level of availability and stability.