Versie 1.4.11 is uitgebracht van VirtualDub. Met dit programma is het mogelijk om onder andere MPEG-video te converteren naar AVI-video. In deze versie zijn twee bugs verholpen:
VirtualDub 1.4.11 is out there -- I finally released it because there are two critical bug fixes in it that I've been sitting on waaay too long. One is the OpenDML bug, which went largely unnoticed in my testing because it only occurs with variable size video blocks. The other is a MIME64 encoding bug that was probably crashing some codecs in batch mode by trashing the last byte of the codec configuration structure. My apologies -- I value third-party software compatibility very much, and these were two very big booboos. Accompanying 1.4.11 is a new release of buildtools, 1.2, an upgrade over the 1.1 release that almost no one had because I forgot to update the link.
Build 14279 (Version 1.4.11):
- Added support for reading and writing TARGA (.tga) sequences, with optional RLE compression.
- Added simple logo filter.
- Added (not-quite-optimzed) HSV filter.
- The "Save Image Sequence" command is now batchable and scriptable.
- Fixed OpenDML files having bad duration values in their index if video frames weren't all the same size.
- Fixed some subset-related position slider glitches.
- RLE AVI files weren't being decompressed correctly (GDI's RLE isn't the same as AVI's RLE).
- Fixed crash disassembler not disassembling some instructions properly.
- Fixed glitches in the first three frames of the temporal smoother's output.
- Fix for some MPEG rounding errors (arrgh).
- AVI parser now accepts and reindexes LIST/movi chunks with 0 sizes.
- AVI parser no longer drops stream 0 samples at the start of a file when reindexing.
- AVI video reader detects and flips inverted RGB DIBs.
- Fixed 1/16th darkened line on left side of "blur more" filter.
- Added support for properly cloned filter data structures.
- Allowed position control font to enlarge slightly according to screen dpi and fixed font leak.
- Fixed MIME BASE64 encoding errors at end of codec configuration blocks that probably caused some codec crashes or configuration funniness.
- Calls to video codecs now eat MMX errors rather than reporting them, to workaround a bug in the MSMPEG4V3 codec that will probably never be fixed.
- WAV writer now writes out the required 'fact' chunk for compressed WAVs.
- Filter preview dialog now sanely reports errors in a non-ugly font.