Versie 1.4.2 van Adium is uitgebracht. Adium is een multiprotocol-instant-messagingprogramma voor Mac OS X, dat het mogelijk maakt om te chatten via de netwerken van onder meer Jabber, ICQ, Live Messenger en Bonjour. Het programma is opensource, in meer dan twintig talen te gebruiken en heeft otr-versleuteling. Sinds versie 1.4 is minimaal versie 10.5 van Mac OS X nodig. In deze release wordt gebruikgemaakt van een nieuwere versie van libpurple, wat onder andere diverse problemen voor msn-gebruikers moet oplossen. Op datzelfde msn zijn echter op dit moment geen directe bestandsoverdrachten mogelijk, evenmin als user icons of het ontvangen van custom emoticons.
Updated to libpurple 2.7.11. Highlights of applicable changes:
- Fixed bug that prevented adding contacts to your contact list in certain circumstances. (#14965)
- Added support for MSNP16 including multiple points of presence (MPOP) which allows multiple simultaneous sign-ins and which should resolve connection problems involving the "Signed in from another location" error. (#13654)
- Fixed crash related to Direct Connections. (#14650)
- Fixed a bug where some contacts from your contact list might not show up. Affected non-English users the most. (#14901)
- Fixed tooltips not being updated when scrollwheeling through the contact list. (#3480)
- Improved readability of tooltips by making their contents opaque and only the background transparent. (#15050)
- Added a "Log only certain accounts" setting to Adium's "General" preferences. (#8
- Added a "Log secure chats" setting to Adium's "General" preferences. (#94)
- Renamed "Save opened chats when quitting" setting to "Reopen chats from last time on startup" for clarity. (#14651)
- Only display focus indication for group chats. (#14420)
- Enable %service% keyword in header.
- Fixed issue where sections of conversations loaded from message history are repeated. (#13362)
- Fixed iChat emoticons in Snow Leopard on case-sensitive file systems. (#14936)
- Disabled consecutivization of actions to prevent overlapping icons. Fixed erroneous application of a grey dotted top border to a consecutive
- unfocused action that follows a non-action. Fixed text wrap alignment issues on actions.
- New mention and focus indicators
- and improved scaling at large font sizes. (#14420)
- No longer scrolls to bottom on new content regardless of scroll position. (#14331)
- Smooth Operator
- Compact: Mentions in actions are no longer italicized. Sendercolor Adiumy is not displayed in IRC too. Fixed progressively increasing saturation of the sendercolor Adiumy on each consecutive message.
- Classic: Fixed slight misalignment between sender and message. Lightened the on-click shadow. The per-message marks in the classic variant now grow to the left rather than to the right where it can overlap message text.
- Dark: New variant!
- Reverted to pre-1.4 layout for per-message timestamps (#14361). Per-message timestamps now display on the left when the message text is RTL (#10403).
- Removed the per-message triangle
- slimmed the area between the sender and message
- Fixed ICQ disconnections going unnoticed. (#14229)
- Fixed hang caused by reading badly formatted transcripts from ICQ. (#14627)
- Switch to clientLogin authentication for ICQ and AIM
- allowing SSL to be used if possible again. Change the options for encryption to "Require"/"Opportunistic"/"Disabled." (#15000)
- Use the clientLogin key of the official ICQ Mac client instead of the AIM key we had which got banned. (#15244)
- Fixed a crash related to invalid UTF8 in nicknames on IRC. (#13351)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening irc://-links to new servers on ports other than 6667. (#15093)
- Added a preference to enable/disable MSN Direct Connections. (#14602)
- Double confirmation is now required to delete and unregister an XMPP account. (#14357)
- Fixed xmpp:-urls without a user part opening chats with (null)@... (#14908).
- Growl notifications for Group Chats now show the channel on the same line as the nick
- instead of before the message. (#14890)
- Fixed a bug causing a switching of user profiles following Adium updates. (#14432)
- Fixed 1.4.1 regression of arrows not showing up in the Events tables of the Preference pane and the Get Info pane for active events. (#14629)
- Fixed a hang that occurred when required parts of loaded message styles were missing. (#7438)
- Fixed bookmark icons not updating when changing icon sets. (#13221)
- Fixed two memory leaks. (Adrian Godoroja) (#15047)
- Fixed "Remove Link" showing up twice in the input box's context menu on 10.6. (Shawn Khan) (#14454)
- Fixed 1.4 regression where selection of the active voice in the "Speak Event" and "Speak Text" contact alert actions failed. (#14574)
- Fixed positioning of selected icon in Recent Icons not being reapplied when icon is reselected. (Adrian Godoroja) (#9908)
- Fixed an issue with adding URLs via copy/paste resulting in an invalid link. (#15229)
- Updated the Localizable.strings files
- adding missing translatable strings/nibs. (#14588
- Updated and improved localisations:
- British English (#15116)
- Catalan (#15231)
- Danish (#15160)
- Dutch (#15202)
- Finnish (#15211)
- French (#15198)
- German (#15204)
- Italian (#15224)
- Polish (#15230)
- Portuguese (Portugal) (#15223)
- Russian (#15246)
- Swedish (#15217)
- Fixed an issue in the Czech localisation. (#14586)