MeeGo is een besturingssysteem dat op Linux is gebaseerd en wordt ontwikkeld voor netbooks, mobiele telefoons en tablets die met een Intel Atom- of een ARM-processor zijn uitgerust. Het is begin 2010 ontstaan door de samenvoeging van Intels Moblin en Nokia's Maemo. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 1.2 uitgebracht en voorzien van de volgende aankondiging:
MeeGo 1.2 Release
Today we are announcing the project release of MeeGo 1.2. This release provides a solid baseline for device vendors and developers to start creating software for various device categories on Intel Atom* and ARMv7 architectures. The MeeGo 1.2 Core OS provides a complete set of enabling technologies for mobile computing.
Some highlights of the MeeGo Core stack include:
This release also includes the following:
- MeeGo Reference Kernels supporting a variety of Intel Atom and ARMv7 platforms.
- QML Application Framework and extended Qt-Mobility APIs, including additional location, system, connectivity, and sensor/haptic capabilities for rapid, rich, application development.
- Enhanced Telephony and Connectivity capabilities, including:
- GSM, GPRS, and HSPA+ network support
- SIM Application Toolkit
- Expanded Bluetooth profiles
- Expanded VPN and wireless authentication methods
- USB, WiFi, and BT-PAN data tethering capability
- Enhance multimedia support, including RTSP streaming with progressive download
Please refer to the Core and UX release notes, as well as the Developer Resources documentation pages, for a more complete list of features and supported platforms.
- Netbook UX 1.2 complete set of core applications for netbooks.
- In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) UX 1.2 includes a sample IVI Homescreen and speech recognition enabled Application Launcher built with QML, as well as a collection of commonly used applications.
- Tablet Developer Preview
- MeeGo SDK 1.2 for MeeGo Core OS and supported UXs.
Looking Ahead to MeeGo 1.3
MeeGo development continues forward on a six-month cadence, with MeeGo 1.3 scheduled to be released in October, 2011. Many new features targeting MeeGo 1.3 have already been accepted in MeeGo Featurezilla. The development tree for MeeGo 1.3 is open and we are starting to integrate new components now.
Learn More at the MeeGo Conference
You can learn more about the MeeGo project, and the people behind it, at the MeeGo Conference in San Francisco, May 23-25, 2011. Program information and registration is available at http://sf2011.meego.com/
Many thanks to all the MeeGo contributors and to the great upstream projects that provide the basis for our work.
MeeGo Technical Steering Group