Er zijn een nieuwe stabiele versie en twee ontwikkelversies van Anope verschenen. Anope is een verzameling van irc-services die aan een irc-daemon kunnen worden gehangen. Zo kent Anope onder meer 'nickserv' en 'chanserv', waarmee respectievelijk gebruikers en kanalen te beheren zijn, door zowel de gebruikers als de operators. Ook de irc-server van Tweakers.net maakt gebruik van Anope. De releasenotes voor alledrie de versies zijn hieronder te vinden.
Anope 1.8.6 - Release
The Anope Team is pleased to announce the release of Anope 1.8.6 (Stable) which contains lots of general bug fixes and improved support for Plexus, & Hybrid IRCds.
This release only contains an updated German Language File (thanks Han!) and many Mac specific fixes both for compilation and indeed running of Anope on Mac.
I am somewhat disappointed once again at the lack of interest from people willing to test the releases despite ~100 downloads a day.
Anope 1.9.3-p1 & Anope 1.9.4 Releases
- Added support for plexus3's channel mode +z [#1202]
- Added account tracking support to ratbox protocol module [ #00]
- Added support for Hybrid's m_services and m_change [ #00]
- Added internal events called when a module is loaded/unloaded. [ #00]
- Added internal events called when a command is added/deleted. [ #00]
- Fixed db-convert handling some vhost collisions [ #00]
- Fixed ./configure failing with partial SQL installations [ #00]
- Fixed ForkForMail to always work [ #00]
- Fixed /nickserv saset display to use nicktracking if enabled [#1193]
- Fixed /nickserv group to use nicktracking if enabled [#1194]
- Remove vhost requests from nicks that expire [ #00]
- Fixed /cs enforce #channel to say SET was enforced not (null) [#1213]
- Fixed /cs (un)ban and akick from matching users real hosts/IP [#1079]
- Fixed 'make install' recompiling src/tools [#1227]
- Fixed many incorrect apostrophe usages [#1223]
- Fixed not introducing our clients with usermode k on InspIRCd2.0[ #00]
- Updated german language file. [ #00]
- Fixed wiki URLs in Windows configure script [ #00]
- Fixed build on Mac [ #00]
- Fixed rejoining our clients if they are kicked on a TS6 IRCd [ #00]
- Fixed showing SENDPASS in HELP to users who can't use it [ #00]
- Fixed opping our clients on ratbox when not using TS6 [ #00]
- Fixed setting a users host in InspIRCd when vhost is turned off [ #00]
- Fixed groups display nick showing in HS req memos for aliases. [#1252]
- Fixed missing NS REGISTER reply when ns_register is not loaded. [#1263]
- Fixed crash in enc_md5 on Mac [#1236]
The Anope Team are pleased to announce the release of two development builds.
Firstly, 1.9.3-p1 which is a patch release of 1.9.3 with fixes/etc for that particular branch and then a release of 1.9.4 which has the fixes from 1.9.3-p1 where appropriate together with heaps more development on top.
Admins running 1.9.3 at the moment have two choices, update to 1.9.3-p1 as a small upgrade to improve the stability of 1.9.3 (but it's still dev!), or upgrade to 1.9.4 which carries larger risks as this branch has received much more development but has lots more new shiny features for you to play with.
We make these releases available to you to help find issues and improve the stability whilst we continue to drive the direction of development forward.
We welcome admins to try these releases and find bugs and suggest improvements but please be aware that these are not to be considered stable so do not complain if they crash and burn or eat your dinner.
We continue to make great progress on the development of Anope and once again I take my hat off to the team and especially to Adam for the time and effort he puts into this product. He is clearly a master of the 28 hour day.
Changes in 1.9.3-p1
Changes in 1.9.4
- Fixed bad logic in /os exception preventing valid hosts from being added
- Fixed /os sqline clear
- Fixed not applying SQLines to our own clients
- Fixed crash from deleting nonexistant users on the XOP access lists
- Fixed crash when /cs set mlock is given an empty string
- Fixed a potential crash from expiring nicks
- Fixed build on Debian Lenny
- Fixed /bs badword del to show what word was deleted
- Fixed using /ns release with a password
- Fixed allowing setting a valid TTB with /bs kick repeat
- Fixed caps kicker
- Fixed many SQL issues
- Fixed reading resolv.conf if it has multiple spaces or tabs
- Fixed creating permanent channels on burst and setting their topics
- Fixed /cs register to show in HELP
- Fixed restricting people from registering guest nick names
- Fixed a potential crash from dropping nicks
- Automatically set channel founder to the user with the highest access if there is no successor
- /chanserv clone command to copy settings from one channel to another.
- /chanserv mode command
- Ability for users to delete their own access in channels
- Added support for Plexus 3
- Readded in support for /cs op/deop/etc to op/deop you in all channels
- Added LDAP support
- Added live SQL support
- Added support for learning tracking/storing/locking all modes at runtime
- Added m_alias
- Added support for XMLRPC queries
- Added /botserv set msg
- Added /operserv config
- Added /ns cert
- Added /operserv login
- Changed the GHOST command to not allow ghosting unidentified users if the RECOVER command exists
- Some failed logic in /operserv exception that prevents proper exceptions from being added
- Fixed the anope_os_sxlines MySQL table and code to work after restarting