K3b is een programma waarmee cd's en dvd's kunnen worden gebrand op het Linux-platform. Het is geoptimaliseerd voor een KDE-omgeving en is eigenlijk niets meer dan een grafische schil, want het daadwerkelijke brandwerk wordt uitgevoerd door de command line-utilities cdrecord, cdrdao en growisofs. De ontwikkelaars hebben eerder dit jaar versie 2.0.2 uitgebracht, voorzien van de volgende aankondigingen voor de hele 2.0.x-tak:
K3b 2.0.2 released
The new bug-fix release for 2.0 line of K3b has been released. Besides the usual bug fixing this release adds a new build option allowing to compile out any dependencies to HAL. Also, default notification sounds has been changed.
- Added K3B_ENABLE_HAL_SUPPORT option to the build configuration. It allows to disable any direct calls to HAL (253388)
- Using Oxygen sounds for events (242395)
- Crash on start when checking device capabilities (246822)
- Search paths on "Programs" options are not saved (248648)
- Crash on generation of DVD previews in DVD ripping list (249941, 253639)
- Crash on closing dialog after succesful audio CD ripping (241630)
- Crash on device detection (249371)
- Crash when showing settings window (238819)
- Fixed playlist sort order (249395)
- Show K3b also in "System" category in KDE launch menus (250749)
- Crash when multiple instances start at the same time (253794)
- Crash after track splitting (261188)
- Inline editing of tracks in CD ripping view no longer works (250600)
K3b 2.0.1 released
Today the new maintenance version of K3b 2.0 has been released. This is the first release put together by Markus Slopianka, our new release manager.
Changelog (since 2.0.0)
- Freeze on ripping Audio CD using external encoder to MP3 or FLAC (236466)
- Drag and drop from Dolphin doesn’t work (242745)
- Symbolic links are not added to a project when a folder is added recursively (243555)
- Install app icons to hicolor so that they are visible in non KDE WMs (BNC619731)
- Overburn doesn’t work (241534)
- Data part of mixed CD is not written – searching for previous session doesn’t work (246798)
- Fixed the speed comparision and formatting when cdrecord changes the writing speed automatically (246262, 243482)
- Track pointer seg fault (247588)
K3b 2.0 released
Today the reformed K3b team within the KDE Community is proud to release the final 2.0 of the premier disk recording application, codenamed “Komeback”. Although pre-release versions have already enjoyed widespread adoption, we'd like to recap some of the highlights of this release.
K3b 2.0 marks the last milestone in the effort to port one of the most popular disk recording applications to KDE's current Platform 4. Although some parts still use legacy libraries, the application takes advantage of the new platform and integrates better with it. Solid, the KDE hardware layer, is now used for hardware detection.
On the interface front K3b 2.0 is a direct port of its KDE3 predecessor. The overall look remains the same but it now uses modern widgets. For example, file browser shows a list of KDE's global Places and takes advantage of the breadcrumb bar. The icons have also been updated to match the rest of the Oxygen theme.
With a few exceptions, K3b keeps feature-parity with 1.0.x series, but it also introduces a number of new features. Perhaps the biggest among these is support for Blu-ray drives. Additionally a lot of work have been put into improving the overall user experience. Some work-flows have been merged abstracting it for all kinds of media.
K3b team has worked hard to achieve maximum stability of the application, with over 250 bugs being closed during the pre-release period. This process will continue as bug-fixing versions will be released during development of K3b 2.1.
Changelog (since 1.0.5)
- Port to KDE Platform 4
- Always allow manual writing speed selection
- Use proper toolbars instead of the toolboxes -> nicer laying out with different styles
- Merged CD and DVD copy dialogs
- Merged CD and DVD image burning dialogs
- Merged CD-RW erasing and DVD formatting dialogs
- Merged Data CD and Data DVD projects into one plain data project with Blu-ray support
- Merged eMovix CD and eMovix DVD projects
- Removed CD copy option "prefer CD-Text". K3b will now ask individually (there is no need to do this if no mounting is involved)
- Allow importing of arbitrary sessions into a data project, thus continuing other than the last session
- "Clear project" now only clears the added data but leaves the settings as they were (bug 147838)
- Added support for files bigger than 4GB via mkisofs 2.01.01a32 and above Do only reload the medium for verification if necessary (depends on the writer)
- Support for Blu-ray writing
- Support for DVD and Blu-ray writing via cdrecord
- New audio ripping pattern %e which is replaced by the file extension
- Better support for RTL languages