Ricoh heeft voor zijn GXR-digitale camera's nieuwe firmware uitgebracht, met 1.31 als versienummer. Bij deze camera's zijn zowel de lens als de beeldsensor ondergebracht in één module, die op de GXR-body kan worden geplaatst. Voor meer informatie wordt verwezen naar dit nieuwsartikel, waarin de opzet beknopt wordt besproken. De lijst met aanpassingen voor deze firmwareversie ziet er als volgt uit:
Modified the following items.
- In [A] mode, with configured AE lock and AE bracket; the shutter speed recorded in the captured image may be different from the actual shutter speed.
- Corrected the phenomenon when an Eye-Fi card is inserted in the camera and it turns on the power, it will take time to start up, or the camera will not start.
- Only with Simplified Chinese (language setting in the camera) : When you adjust exposure, a number shown in the right side of the exposure compensation slider in the screen may not show a proper number.
- High-speed movement of the Focus Ring. While pressing down the Macro button in the MF, the Focus Ring movement will become faster.
Add the following enhanced features.
Changed the following features.
- [New option : Aspect Ratio] in [ADJ.Lever Setting 1] ~ [ADJ.Lever Setting 4] The [Aspect Ratio] options can be assigned to [ADJ.Lever Setting 1] ~ [ADJ.Lever Setting 4] in Key Custom Settings tab. This option is available when Picture Quality/Size is selected to [RAW], [L], or [M] that have the aspect ratio options.
- [New option : Aspect Ratio] in [Set Fn1 Button] or [Set Fn2 Button] The [Aspect Ratio] options can be assigned to [Set Fn1 Button] or [Set Fn2 Button] in Key Custom Settings tab. This option is available when Picture Quality/Size is selected to [RAW], [L], or [M] that has the aspect ratio options.
- [New option : Restore Defaults for Key Custom Settings] The [Restore defaults] option has been added to the Setup menu (Key Custom Settings tab). This option restores the key custom options to default.
- [New option : Delete My Settings] The [Delete My Settings] has been added to the Setup menu (Key Custom Settings tab). This option restores the settings for [MY1], [MY2], [MY3] on the mode dial to default, or reset the My Setting Box to default.
- [New option : Display Magnification Ratio] The [Display Magnification Ratio] option has been added to the Shooting menu. The magnification ratio can be selected from [2x], [4x], or [8x]. This feature works when you make enlarged the center of the screen by pressing and holding the MENU/OK button while monitoring. With target shift, or manual focus, the enlarged display position can be moved with directional pad ([+], [-], [Fn1], [Fn2]).
- [New Noise Reduction Option : AUTO] The [AUTO] option has been added to the [Noise Reduction] in the Shooting menu.
- [New feature : Spot AF Area Setting] The [Spot AF Area Setting] is added in the Setup menu. [Normal] or [Pinpoint] is selectable.
Modified the following phenomena.
- [DIRECT screen] operation. Pressing the shutter release button half way works for entering the setting when you change a setting in the DIRECT screen.
- Supports EXIF 2.3 From this update, EXIF 2.3 is supported.
- [Macro AF Distance Limit] This option that was added with version 1.17 is changed as follows. Selectable distance options from this version are; [Macro On 12-30cm], [Macro On 7-14cm], and [Macro Off]. (With the version 1.17, these options were; [Macro On 10-30cm], [Macro On 7-10cm], and [Macro Off].)
- Deleted AF mode selection option. Since this update makes AF speed faster than the previous version, the AF mode selection (QK-AF/FR-AF) is no longer available.
- After focusing on in the macro mode, even if the focus mode is switched to the normal Multi-AF, the AF may work with the largest AF frame. This update will fix this phenomenon to work it as the Multi-AF.
- In the aperture priority mode, when you take a picture with AE lock, the captured image may be created with soft-focus.
- In the RAW mode, a JPEG file that is associated with a DNG file may not recorded correctly when the following conditions; Shutter speed 1.3 second or lower, ISO 800 or over.
- When taking a picture with long time exposure (1 ~ 8 seconds), a light dot may appear on the image. Reviewed the compensation process to reduce these dots.