Netgear heeft een nieuwe versie uitgebracht van ReadyNAS Raidiator, de software die op diverse nas-apparaten van dat bedrijf draait. Het gaat om de ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition-, Pro Pioneer-, NVX-, NVX Pioneer-, 2100-, 3100-, 3200- en 4200-series. Bijwerken kan door in Frontview naar de System > Update > Remote tab te navigaren, of de nieuwe image eerst zelf te downloaden. Na de update kan niet meer naar een versie voor 4.2.5 worden teruggegaan. Hieronder is te vinden welke aanpassingen Netgear met deze release allemaal heeft doorgevoerd.
- Default file system for all x86 devices is now Ext4. If you factory default the ReadyNAS with 4.2.11, you will get the Ext4 with support for files as large as 16TB on 64-bit ReadyNAS systems (Pro, 3100, 3200, 4200). If you upgrade from Ext3, you’ll still be limited to 2TB. We are looking at coming out with an add-on that allows you to convert your Ext3 file system to Ext4.
- Multiple LUNs now supported per iSCSI target.
- iSCSI volume limit is now 16TB with Ext4 on 64-bit systems (2TB otherwise).
- Time Machine limit is now 4TB with Ext4 on 64-bit systems (2TB otherwise).
- Simplified SMTP setup for email alerts with presets for popular ISPs.
- Provide an easy way to try out ReadyNAS Vault. You’ll get a little popup that gives you a quick way to try Vault for free. Everything you dump into a new share called vault will get backed up automatically to the cloud. Check it out.
- Updated NTFS driver.
- Updated AFP 3.1 support.
- Speed up FAT USB writes when the “Enable fast USB disk writes” option is disabled.
- Updated ReadyNAS Remote to v.126.96.36.199.
- Fixed system hang issue on ReadyNAS Pro, NVX, and 2100.
- Fixed Online Volume Consistency check on ReadyNAS 3200.
- Fixed problem where hot-add would not work in disk slots 3 and 4 of the ReadyNAS NVX/2100.
- Fixed iSCSI LUN creation of greater than 2TB when volume on 3200 was greater than 16TB.
- Fixed expansion of iSCSI LUN when space available in volume is less than current size of the iSCSI LUN.
- Fixed AFP so that changing permissions on a folder in Finder no longer removes the owner’s write privilege.
- Fixed CIFS archive bit issue with renamed files and Microsoft Office.
- Fixed support for HP hardware iSCSI initiator.
- Fixed unmount of USB on backup completion feature.
- Properly handle spaces in rsync exclusion lists.
- Fixed user and group name auto-completion for share access lists when space characters are used.
- Fixed potential hang condition that some forum members have been experiencing.
- Fixed “hung mac and receiver hang detected” problem with the network driver. The network driver should no longer disconnect due to this condition.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with restoring vRanger backups.
- Fixed an issue where a large disk write process could block all other disk writes.
- Fixed an issue where you could lose all your user privileges on your shares in domain mode with a large domain.
- Fixed teaming management with more than 2 interfaces.
- Fixed FrontView teaming interface when multiple teams are formed.
- Make disk spindown work after a reboot with journaling enabled.
- Fixed the “Disable Full Journaling” option with native Ext4 filesystem.
- Remove home share snapshots from FTP when FTP home shares are disabled.
- IE 6 no longer supported. Please update to IE 7 or 8.
- Volume expansion will not work beyond 16 TB. To support 16 TB or greater, you’ll have to factory default with that capacity in place.
- Snapshot resizing has been disabled in the release. We will re-enable this feature in a future update.
- If you are using Citrix XenServer as an iSCSI initiator with CHAP authentication, you may encounter login problems with this release. XenServer uses one CHAP login for both Discovery and LUN access, which is not directly supported (other initiators allow separate auth for these items). Using the ToggleDiscoveryAuth add-on, the ReadyNAS will use the first LUN’s CHAP information for the Discovery CHAP to resolve this. Related forum post.