Apple Aperture is een uitgebreide image manager voor Mac OS X die je in staat stelt om digitale foto's te bekijken en te bewerken. Apple heeft op deze pagina verschillende video's staan waarmee bepaalde handelingen binnen dit programma uitgelegd worden. Daarnaast kan je op deze pagina een aantal video's bekijken waar professionele fotografen hun mening over Aperture geven. De ontwikkelaars hebben een nieuwe versie de deur uitgedaan met 3.0.1 als het versienummer. Het programma is voorzien van de volgende lijst met aanpassingen:
Aperture 3.0.1 Release Notes
This update improves overall stability and addresses a number of issues in Aperture 3, including:
- Upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture
- Importing libraries from iPhoto
- Importing photos directly from a camera
- Memory usage when processing heavily-retouched photos
- Face recognition processing
- Adding undetected faces using the Add Missing Face button
- Printing pages containing multiple images
- Printing photos and contact sheets with borders and metadata
- Editing photos using an external editor
- Display of images with Definition and Straighten adjustments applied
- Zooming photos in the Viewer and in the Loupe using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Aperture libraries on a network volume
- Selecting and moving pins on the Places map
- Adding and editing custom locations using the Manage My Places window
- Switching between masters when working with RAW+JPEG pairs
- Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when entering the product serial number on a 64-bit system.
- Fixes an issue that could cause additional face recognition processing to run after adjusting newly-imported photos.
- Addresses an issue that sometimes prevented faces added using the Add Missing Face button to appear in the Faces view.
- Reduces excessive scrolling in Browser filmstrip when selecting and moving pins on the Places map.
- Fixes an issue that prevented users from adding a new place in the Manage My Places window.
- Corrects text in the Manage My Places window.
- Fixes an issue that caused Full Keyboard Access options to work incorrectly in the Manage My Places window when tabbing through fields.
- Corrects an issue that sometimes caused the Show Labels option for maps in Satellite view to become inaccessible in the Project Info window.
- Addresses an issue that prevented the Viewer from refreshing after using an External Editor.
- Restores the “Edit a Copy with” command to contextual menus.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the Adjustment Presets window to become disabled after creating multiple Adjustment Preset groups in succession.
- Rendering of Straighten adjustment on images is now correctly displayed on the preview.
- Fixes an issue that caused versions to be incorrectly named when created.
- Addresses an issue that caused layered TIFFs to be flattened unnecessarily when exported again to an external editor.
- Corrects an issue in the Print dialog that caused metadata to overlay the image preview.
- Fixes an issue that caused borders to display incorrectly in the Print dialog.
- Addresses a print preset issue that could cause an incorrect number of images to print on contact sheet pages.
- Improves stability when printing multiple copies of a photo on a single page.
- Watermarks now positioned correctly when images are printed using the "Crop to Fill" option.
- Fixes issues that could cause the application to quit unexpectedly when importing an iPhoto library.
- Externally-edited images from iPhoto are now correctly imported during an iPhoto import.
- Addresses an issue that caused Aperture to miscalculate the amount of hard drive space needed to import an iPhoto library.
- Fixes an issue that caused existing images on a camera or memory card to be downloaded during a tethering session.
- On Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, importing directly from a camera now displays the correct number of images to be imported.
- Now correctly prevents CMYK profiles from being selectable when performing a JPEG export.
Apple TV compatibility:
- Renaming master now correctly works with audio attachments.
- Audio attachments now remain linked to photos that are edited using an external editor.
- Addresses an issue that improves the reliability of syncing updated albums with AppleTV.
- Slideshows exported from Aperture now sync to and playback correctly on AppleTV.
- Viewer now correctly updates when switching between RAW+JPEG pairs.
- Addresses an issue that reduced the effectiveness of face detection on RAW+JPEG images.
- Fixes an issue that caused the Stack pick's only option to be ignored on queries of multiple albums.
- Addresses issues that could cause the application to stop responding when upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture.
- Addresses an issue that prevented offline master images from upgrading correctly.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly during a library rebuild.
- Fixes an issue that caused incorrect tooltip text to be displayed when using Audio Adjustments in a slideshow.
- Fixes an issue that caused the activity window to display the wrong number of versions being emptied from the Aperture Trash.
- Fixes an issue that sometimes caused Aperture to ignore ‘Do not show this message again” options.
- Video transport controls are now properly hidden or displayed when switching between Viewer-only and Browser-only modes.
- Improves stability when ordering prints from Apple.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the application to quit unexpectedly when entering Full Screen mode.
- Fixes an issue with scrolling in All Projects view.
- Loupe now updates correctly when using "Command +" or "Command -" to change zoom level.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent photos from an Aperture library from appearing in the iLife Media Browser.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture to miscalculate the amount of hard drive space needed for a Vault.