FTP Voyager gaat alweer meer dan tien jaar mee en is door de ontwikkelaars voorzien van een update met 184.108.40.206 als het versienummer. Het programma bevat tal van mogelijkheden om bestanden via ftp, sftp, ftps en fxp uit te wisselen. Het is mogelijk om het bandbreedtegebruik te limiteren zodat er ruimte overblijft voor andere applicaties. De lijst met veranderingen voor de laatste uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
- Added support for "Subject Alternative Name" for server SSL certificates for automatic SSL approval to sites. Some certificates may contain many different host names.
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler configuration file location to "C:\ProgramData" (ALLUSERSPROFILE environment variable) in Windows Vista and above on new FTP Voyager installations that are installed in "C:\Program Files" only. This is required on Windows 7+ when UAC is in effect.
- Improved the local tree for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Corrected a Windows 7 UAC problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler was unable to communicate with the tray application to identify FTP Voyager Scheduler status and enable tray / scheduler communication.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would send the wrong status code to an add-on for a successful SFTP (via SSH2) download.
- Corrected "CWD Parameter Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability" from SecurityFocus.com (22637).
- Corrected a problem in 220.127.116.11 where SFTP (via SSH2) file names were not being converted from UTF-8 to the current code page in directory listings.
- Corrected problems when skipping SFTP (via SSH2) file transfers.
- Corrected a bug where folders in the local tree would always be identified with the shortcut overlay or without, incorrectly identifying a folder as being a shortcut folder or not depending on the order in which Windows gives the information to FTP Voyager.
- Corrected a bug where displaying message boxes (such as the delete confirmation dialog) could cause FTP Voyager to crash.
- Corrected a bug, introduced into version 18.104.22.168, where FTP Voyager would prematurely close the command channel socket after issuing the CCC (Clear Command Channel) command to the server.
- Corrected a problem where the "Invalid Registration ID" message box would come up blank.
- Corrected a display issue with Japanese Tip of the Day Next and Previous buttons.
- Corrected a display issue with the splash screen in Japanese.
- Corrected an SFTP (via SSH2) problem where FTP Voyager was unable to connect to and use ProFTPd servers using the "mod_sftp/0.9.6" SFTP module.
- Added Drag and Drop support to Windows Explorer and the Windows Desktop for Windows 64.
- Changed "XXKB", "XXMB", and "XXGB" labels to include a space between the value and the label; "XX KB", "XX MB", and "XX GB".
- Improved accuracy of "XX KB", "XX MB", and "XX GB" displays to round up to the next highest value instead of checking for any amount over the unit (as older versions of Windows did).
- Upgraded to Inno Setup UNICODE installer to provide greater localization flexibility in the future.
- Added support for saving FTP Voyager's Window coordinates over multiple monitors.
- Added support for maintaining file dates and times using the MFF (modify file fact) and MFMT (modify file modify time) commands as documented in draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-04 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-04).
- Mask proxy password in the log to hide the actual proxy password from prying eyes.
- Changed Explicit TLS to initialize only TLSv1 methods when creating the SSL context. This is important when connecting to servers with FIPS 140-2 enabled.
- Corrected an SSL/TLS bug where FTP Voyager would not recognize a closed socket after calling SSL_read() from OpenSSL.
- Corrected a bug in the local list when creating a new directory when one or more items were already selected, FTP Voyager would not go into in-line edit mode for the newly created directory.
- Corrected a remote list redraw bug where the delete confirmation dialog would appear and not allow the directory list under the message box to update the display in the area where the context menu appeared leaving a blank white spot.
- Corrected a status bar bug where the current remote and local directory name would not update when renamed from within either the remote or local tree.
- Corrected a partially translated Italian Tip of The Day.