Mike Singer van Singer's Creations heeft versie 6.1.15 van het weersverwachtingprogramma Weather Watcher Live uitgebracht. In dit programma kunnen weersveranderingen in real-time worden weergegeven. Zo worden onder andere de temperatuur, luchtvochtigheid en luchtdruk getoond. Daarnaast is het ook mogelijk om de stand van de maan en diverse weer- en satellietkaarten te bekijken. Zoeken naar het dichtstbijzijnde weerstation kan eenvoudig via Google Maps. Het programma is overigens niet langer meer freeware. Het kan dertig dagen worden geprobeerd, daarna zal er jaarlijks tien dollar voor moeten worden betaald. Hieronder is te vinden wat er sinds versie 6.0.30 veranderd en verbeterd is:
- "Display balloon tip when weather station is unavailable" to "Advanced" section of Weather Watcher Live Options to allow the notification to be suppressed
- "Display upcoming daily conditions icons in tooltip" to "Advanced" section of Weather Watcher Live Options. If using the hourly icon option, daily icons will be displayed when viewing a weather station that is located outside of the US
- "Map Zoom Level" setting to the Splendid and Splendid2 skin settings to allow the map in the NOW section to be zoomed to different levels. Click the "SETTINGS" link at the bottom, right corner of the main Weather Watcher Live window to access the s
- "Low" column in the Daily section of the Splendid2 skin for weather stations outside of the US
- The slider at the bottom of the Splendid and Splendid2 skins was not displaying icons when Internet Explorer 6 was installed. FYI, the best fix for this issue is to install the latest Windows updates (including all Internet Explorer updates)
- In the Splendid2 skin, the "Currently" icon in the NOW section was displaying the icon for the current day instead of the current condition for weather stations outside of the US
- Wind speed was always displaying as "0" in the Splend2 skin's wind gauge when the Windows regional settings were using a comma for the tenths place separator
- If using a Tray Icon skin of PNG images, the current condition icon (if enabled) was displaying the temperature in the system tray instead of the condition icon. To work around this issue, the WeatherBug Tray Icon skin's icons will automatically be
- Day names to daily slider in "NOW" section of main Weather Watcher Live window for international weather stations.
- "Tray Icon" dropdown to the "Skins" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window to allow the icons to be changed in the tooltip window.
- Eight new icon sets. These icons can be selected in the "Skins" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- New log/export/skin tags: [TEMP ROUND], [TEMP DEGREE ROUND], [TEMP PLAIN ROUND], [TEMP PLAIN NOT CONVERTED ROUND], [TEMP RETURN ROUND], [TEMP PARENS ROUND], [OBSERVED DATETIME], [DOWNLOADED DATETIME]
- Splendid2 forecast skin.
- Click the weather station name at the top, left of the main Weather Watcher Live window to change the weather station.
- When available, the tooltip window will display an up or down arrow to indicate the rate of change for temperature, humidity and pressure. The rate of change is available for most WeatherBug weather stations.
- When running the Weather Watcher Live installer/uninstaller, Weather Watcher Live will automatically shut down if running.
- Redesigned "Severe Alerts" section of Weather Watcher Live Options window to allow alerts to be enabled/disabled by type.
- A few of the WSI maps links were pointing to outdated images.
- Made changes necessary to allow new forecast skins to be selected in the "Skins" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- Celsius temperatures were not displaying tenths when the "Display tenths for Celsius temperatures" box was checked in the "Advanced" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- When searching for US locations, non-US locations are no longer displayed in search results (and vice versa). This change was made to ensure the selected weather station links to the correct WeatherBug map, and other WeatherBug.com pages.
- Old severe alerts were being cached and displayed after they have expired.
- The barometer gauge was not always displaying the correct color -- indicating an incorrect direction of change.
- The color band on the barometer gauge was not always displaying at the level that matched the value in the center of the gauge.
- Adjusted the timing of the tray tooltip window to prevent it from opening when single/double left-clicking the Weather Watcher Live system tray icon.
- You can now access personal weather stations (PWS) that are part of the WeatherBug Backyard weather station network. If you own a PWS, you can add it at: http://www.weatherbug.com/backyard
- Registered Weather Watcher Live users will no longer be prompted to install the Ask Toolbar when upgrading to new versions of Weather Watcher Live.
- The machine id was not displaying properly in the "License" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window for some users. This was preventing the license key from being entered.
- Some users were being prompted to register before the 30-day trial period had been reached.
- The temperature in the large bulb of the main Weather Watcher Live window was not rounding properly after applying real-time weather updates.
- "License" section to Weather Watcher Live Options window to enter/modify the license key needed for the new Weather Watcher Live yearly subscription.
- Dates were not displaying correctly when the Windows short date format included spaces (e.g. 18 Jul 09).
- Tray icon left single-click and left double-click actions to refresh the wallpaper.
- The wind gauge arrow was sometimes a few degrees off due to a rounding error in the Splendid interface.
- Applied fix to display wind speed as 0, instead of 0.0 or .00.
- The wind speed displayed in the "NOW" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window was not converting properly after real-time weather updates were downloaded.