Coen Rosdorff liet weten dat de eerste release candidate van Mozilla het levenslicht heeft gezien. Hij is in een aantal smaken verkrijgbaar. Op de release pagina kun je een overzicht vinden welke smaken dat dan allemaal zijn. Ten slotte hieronder de releasenotes:
New Additions to the Release Notes
- Mozilla Composer now implements one button publishing which allows you to save html documents directly to web sites where you have an established account.
- Our most frequently reported bug has been fixed. Viewing the source of a cgi generated page now works properly. The menu bar and context menus have been reorganized for improved usability.
- Mozilla now implements LDAP over SSL and allows LDAP Address Book replication.
- Mozilla now implements Mail Return recipts.
- Improvements to the UI for secure S/MIME mail.
- The preferences dialog now allows you to set a minimum font size for web content.
- On Microsoft Windows, mail users get animated alerts when they receive new mail.
- There is a new Download Manager, found under the Tools menu.
- Checking the File as group box in the File Bookmark dialog creates a bookmark group for all the tabs in that window.
- Opening the bookmark group in a new window opens a tab for each of the pages in the group and loads that page.
- The last of the XUL 1.0 syntax changes have landed.
for(i in undefined)
for(i in null)
var obj; for (i in obj)
- Improved GB18030 support -- the Unicode surrogate range support is now available on Windows.
- Linux scaled bitmap font support is available This improves quality of bitmap font display even when a font does not contain embedded bitmap fonts in many different sizes.
- Fixed several bugs for Chinese IME on Windows and other platforms.
- There is now a preference to match the browser's default locale/region to the operating system default. In all.js:When its value is "true", browser will find the system's locale and set its UI language and region content to match it. For example, when installing on an English (US) system, on start up, the client will use English as its UI language and US as its region locale until a user profile is selected. If a (pair) of locale is defined in the selected profile, browser will honor the profile locale. In addition, when cmdline switches, '-UILocale' and/or 'contentLocale', are present, the cmdline switch takes precedence. (Bug 121744) Note: Having this preference on is an expensive operation. Therefore, when this preference is "true", there will be approximately a 30% increase in startup time.
These are items that have been added to the release notes since the last milestone although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.
- The Mozilla installer does not work on Windows 95. Windows 95 users must download and install the zip package. (Bug 135570)
- To use MathML in Mozilla , you must install the appropriate TeX fonts. See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/ for information on installing the appropriate fonts. (Bug 134849)
- Moving or copying a labeled message will not retain label in destination when filing across accounts:
- IMAP to any other account (including Local Folders): Message labels are lost.
- POP to POP (including Local Folders) is OKAY.
- POP to IMAP: Message labels are lost.
- Copy Newsgroup messages to any account: Message labels are lost. (Bug 133795)
- If you enable TLS in your SSL preferences and a web site server is "TLS intolerant," the client will fall back to using SSL3. However, if you have selected to use a proxy for secure connections, the browser will not be able to reach a "TLS intolerant" web site. (Bug 87902)
- Certificates deleted from the Certificate Manager will still appear until you restart Mozilla . (Bug 129067)
- Revoked certifcates using OCSP may still appear in the
- Certificate Manager verified as "True". (Bug 91530)
- If you set the memory cache to 0, you should set the disk cache to 0 also. Otherwise, you will not be able to view https:// (secure) web sites.
- Do not share a profile between Netscape and Mozilla builds. Doing this can lead to unpredictable results, some of which may include loss of Search settings and preferences and unchecked growth of the Bookmarks file (large enough to freeze your system). It is best to create a new profile for each or manually copy (and change the name) an existing profile. (Bug 137164)
- In Print Preview, plugins are not shown. (Bug 134002)
- For some users on Microsoft Windows, using the Classic theme, Mozilla windows may not mimimize. The workaround is to use the Minimize All Windows command on the Windows Task Bar or to switch to the Mozilla Modern theme. (Bug 120155)
- McAfee virus scanner has an advanced option, not enabled by default, to turn on a Web-scanning feature. This feature intersects all winsock2 system calls and may cause Mozilla to crash. It is recommended that disable this feature before using Mozilla. (Bug 111316)
- Mozilla might crash while playing random Quicktime content. (Bug 136761)
- Linux: The Flash plugin context menu does not disappear when you clicks outside the plugin area to dismiss it. Workaround: Click inside the plugin to dismiss the plugin context menu. (Bug 63182)
- Linux: Mozilla will hang if a Flash plugin tries to play audio and the audio device is already in use. Workaround: Stop the audio device and return to that page. (Bug 58339)
- Linux: Mozilla crashes while playing Flash content on a remote X display. No workaround present other than not using remote X display. (Bug 58397)
- Some users might not be able to print on Windows 98 or Windows ME with the default spool setting. The workaround is to go into printer properties, choose details tab, choose spool settings, and then choose print directly to printer. (Bug 130083)
- If you are running McAfee's WebScanX, you may experience crashes at startup. Please disable the product and see if it prevents the problem. If so, please contact McAfee for a solution. (Bug 107882)
- Plugins are not refreshed if the browser is restarted with QuickLanuch on. Workaround is to make sure Quicklaunch is not 'ON' by removing it from the system tray and then restarting the browser. (Bug 119056)