phaedrus liet ons weten dat er een nieuwe versie van Forte Agent is te downloaden. Forte Agent is een USENET news reader. Versie 1.9.1 bevat de volgende verbeteringen:
- Agent provides support for yEnc, a new encoding algorithm that reduces the size of binary attachments and saves bandwidth. Smaller binaries saves you time and money -- especially if you subscribe to a premium news service.
- Agent provides full support for both encoding and decoding of yEnc binaries.
- Mark worked closely Juergen Helbing, the developer of yEnc. Juergen is now a member of the Agent Beta Team.
- We rearranged the Help menu to provide more direct access to the online help Contents, Index, and Find choices.
- We also added a Post Support Question option, so that it's easier to find. Finally, we added an option to go directly to our web site for support.
- Under certain conditions, the Groups and Folders list became corrupted when you added, deleted or renamed a group or folder.
- Sometimes Agent would freeze on startup or while launching URLs, when running with certain versions of Windows and Internet Explorer.
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to truncate extremely long URLs when launching a web browser.