- Fix the security vulnerability noted in CAN-2002-0061 (mitre.org) regarding the escaping of command line args on Win32.
- Prevent invalid client hostnames from appearing in the log file.
- Various mod_proxy improvements, such as the new ProxyIOBufferSize directive
- The new IgnoreCase keyword to the IndexOptions directive.
- Added the module mod_log_nw to handle log rotation under NetWare
- mod_rewrite's rnd was broken and has been fixed.
- The -S option of apxs was not able to handle quotes; also apxs is now rebuilt when options are changed.
- proxy now correctly handles Cookies and X-Cache headers.
- Fixed a problem in TPF when we were using the wrong subpool when opening the error log.
- pthread accept() mutexes on Solaris were broken (since we were not linking against pthread)