OnlineGamer liet ons weten dat op de website van Sonique een Alpha versie is te downloaden van Sonique 2. Deze Alpha versie is online gezet om enkele van de nieuwe features aan het publiek te laten zien. Echter zit er nog wel wat haken en ogen aan het gebruik er van:
- CD Audio does not work yet.
- If you have previously installed Sonique2 in another location, you may need to delete the sonique2.settings files (search for them on your hard drive) in order for sonique to startup the first time.
- Changing skins currently only works once. after which, you will need to restart Sonique2 if you wish to change skins again.
- Also, often when changing skins, the window loses focus, you will need to give the focus to a non-sonique2 window, and then back to sonique2 to get out of this state.
- If remotes are defined via macro includes, they will show up in the remotes menu more than once. But, only one of the entries will actually work. Happy hunting!
- If you are an interface developer, you may find it useful to sometimes delete the sonique2.settings file (search for it on your hard drive). This will revert Sonique2 to a clean slate, and it will re-load all interfaces from scratch. This is a great time to watch the console window and look for any errors.
- The skin shipped with this alpha will not be the skin shipped with the final release. It is a development skin.
- The Uninstall fails to remove some files (including the start menu group). After uninstalling, you should feel free to remove these files manually.