What's New in Version 1.00.00 BETA
THESE ARE BETA DRIVERS AND ARE UNSUPPORTED BY 3DFX TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Voodoo5(tm) Driver Kit Version: 1.00.00 BETA
- Voodoo5 Win2k(r) Display Driver and Miniport: 5.00.2195.0148
- Glide(tm) 2.X Driver: 2.61.00.065
- Glide 3.X Driver: 3.10.00.0655
- OpenGL(r) Driver Version: 1.0.0.0654
- 3dfx Tools Version: 18.104.22.168
- Voodoo5 AGP video card
- Windows 2000
- 16 MB of memory
- Intel(r) or AMD(r) compatible CPU
Download the kit to a directory on your local machine. Before removing your existing 2D card switch the video driver to Standard VGA. Click Start, Control Panel. Double-click on Display.
Select 640X480 and 16 colors. Accept the changes.
Power off the system and remove your existing 2D card. Install the Voodoo Card in a free AGP or PCI Slot Power on the system and verify that video appears during post. Start Windows in Normal mode
(Once Windows starts you may be notified that no video device exists, click Cancel if this message appears)
Run the 3dfx executable from the location it was downloaded to. Click SETUP. At the welcome screen of 3dfx Tools select NEXT. Click on YES when prompted to install Voodoo Driver. Follow instruction on the screen to install Voodoo Driver and 3dfx Tools Control Panel. Select 'Yes, I want to restart my computer now' when prompted.