In alle vroegte hebben de mensen van Mozilla de 184.108.40.206-release van Firefox uitgebracht. De nieuwe versie kan via deze ftp-map gedownload worden voor Linux, Mac OS X en Windows. Firefox is een opensource webbrowser die standaard voorzien is van tabbed browsing, een pop-up blocker en een rss-reader. Daarnaast is het mogelijk extra functionaliteiten toe te voegen door middel van add-ons en het uiterlijk van Firefox te wijzigen via themes. Versie 220.127.116.11 kent ten opzichte van de vorige release ÚÚn beveilingsupdate, die ervoor zorgde dat er code uitgevoerd kon worden via een linkattribuut in QuickTime. Meer informatie over deze bug kan gevonden worden in dit artikel. Hieronder zijn zowel het changelog als de lijst met known issues gepubliceerd:
Fixed in Firefox 18.104.22.168
- MFSA 2007-28 Code execution via QuickTime Media-link files
- Window bounces and shakes. There have been reports in Bugzilla and MozillaZine forums of windows either bouncing or shaking when no items are in the toolbar and in other cases. As a workaround, there are some instructions at MozillaZine that can help resolve this problem.
- Some firewall software may silently block Firefox from running. This often happens immediately after Firefox has been installed or updated from a previous version. There are configuration instructions available for most popular firewall programs to help you ensure that Firefox is allowed to connect to the Internet.
- Dictionaries for several locales can't be packaged with the builds, and must be manually downloaded by right-clicking in a text area and selecting "Add Dictionaries..." from the shortcut menu. New dictionaries are regularly being added to Mozilla Add-ons, so if you don't see the particular dictionary you need, check back later.
- Access key definitions provided by web pages can now be triggered using Alt+Shift+key on Windows, Ctrl+key on Mac OS X, and Ctrl+Shift+key on Unix.
- The Session Restore functionality provided in Firefox 2 will restore connections to services which use session cookies to maintain login state such as GMail. It is recommended that users with concerns about the privacy implications of this behavior change the value of browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash to false.
- The option for "Shrink to fit" has been removed in Firefox 2. If you wish to change this from the value you had set in your previous version of Firefox, change the value of browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing.
- Software Update will not work if Firefox is installed to a location on your disk to which you do not have write access, since Software Update needs to replace or create files in this location.
- Some financial institutions use port 563 for secure logins, which results in an error message. If you encounter this error, make sure that network.security.ports.banned.override includes 563 in the comma-separated list of banned network ports to override.
Windows & Windows Vista
- The Java Console extension that came with Java SE 6.0u1 (J2SE6.0.01) is incompatible with Firefox as reported in Bugzilla. Java should work as expected, but the menu item "Java Console" will not be available in the Tools menu. This issue has been fixed in Java SE 6.0u2 (J2SE6.0.02) and is available for download from the Java website.
- Clicking links in some applications (e.g. some instant messaging programs) might not open them in Firefox, even if you have set it as your default browser. To workaround this problem, go to Start -> Default Programs -> Set default programs for this computer, expand custom, select the radio button next to the app you want to set as the system wide default app (e.g. Firefox, etc.), and apply.
- A Windows Media Player (WMP) plugin is not provided with Windows Vista. As a workaround, in order to view Windows Media content, you can follow these instructions. Note that after installing you may have to get a security update and apply it before you can see the content in the browser.
- Vista Parental Controls are not completely honored. In particular, file downloads do not honor Vista's parental control settings. This will be addressed in an upcoming Firefox release.
- When migrating from Internet Explorer 7 to Firefox, cookies and saved form history are not imported.
Mac OS X
- The "Close Other Tabs" action on the shortcut menu of a tab can fail with an error when more than 20 tabs are open.
- Some users have reported problems viewing Macromedia Flash content on Intel Mac computers. To work around this problem, users can remove or move the PowerPC version of "Flash Player Enabler.plugin from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins.
- After installing a new plug-in, Firefox may continue to display information for the older version of the plug-in in about:plugins. If this happens, quit Firefox, delete the "pluginreg.dat" file from your profile folder, and relaunch Firefox.
- Java does not run on Intel Core processors under Rosetta.
- There is no Talkback on Intel-based Macs when running natively or under Rosetta. The Apple Crash report program should launch in the event of application crashes.
Linux and Unix
- If Firefox is installed to a location with spaces in the path, it may not be able to set itself as default browser and may keep prompting at startup. The work around is to install into a path without spaces.
- GNOME integration does not work properly with Fedora Core 3. Users of Fedora Core 3 will need to download and install linc-1.0.3-3.1.i386.rpm. After installing the RPM, perform the following command in the directory in which you installed Firefox (you will need write permission):
The next time you start Firefox, GNOME integration should be functional.