NetGear heeft een nieuwe firmware uitgebracht voor zijn nas-producten met SC101 en SC101T als modelnummers. Het versienummer is aangekomen bij respectievelijk 4.23.0 en 1.1.3 waarbij je goed op moet letten dat je de juiste firmware gebruikt. De ontwikkelaars hebben onder andere gewerkt aan de ondersteuning van Windows Vista en hebben verschillende bugs opgelost. De lijst met veranderingen ziet er als volgt uit:
- Support Windows Vista
- Contains Z-SAN software and driver’s version 2.10.9.01
- Contains SFS shared file system version 126.96.36.199
- Contains SCM user interface version 3.0.6
- Fixed SCM installation such that it installs the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" if it is absent in the system. This key is a must-requirement for any critical driver installation.
- Fixed SCM installation such that if an SCM already exists in the system then it correctly detects it & requests the user to remove the previous installation.
- Fixed SCM installation such that it waits for 5 minutes to allow the Z-SAN bus and miniport drivers to install.
- Fixed SCM software installation such that if there is a failure to install the software due to any reason then the installation will cleanly rollback the installation, cleanup all the installed files and ask the user to reboot. This change will increase the possibility of successfully reinstalling the Z-SAN software after reboot.
- Fixed SFS on Windows Vista such that the user can execute any application (i.e. .exe file) that needs to “Run As Administrator”.
- Fixed SCM installation to always install “HKLM\Software\Zetera\Client” registry key which is a mandatory requirement for proper operation of the Z-SAN software. This fix will address a majority of problems faced by SCM-3.0.4 (Build-2) Vista Beta-1 users.
- Updated Broken Mirror Fixup utility (ver 0.2.2) to fix abnormal mirrors on SC101 & mirrors originally created with Vista.
- Fixed ZSAN installation components to fail if any key component fails to install. ZSAN installation will now create a log file "ZSAN_Install.Log" under %windir%\system32 directory. This fix will address problems faced by SCM-3.0.4 (Build-2) Vista Beta-1 users where user believes SCM installation has succeeded whereas it has actually failed.
- Fixed Z-SAN software such that if the underlying Windows OS has been changed (e.g from XP to Vista) since the original installation, then upon startup it will alert the user and stop executing any further. This will prevent SCM users from accidentally messing up the Z-SAN volumes if anyone upgrades their Windows OS and does not reinstall SCM software.
- Fixed ZSANAPI such that volume rename operation will rename all the partitions of the volume
- Updated SFS by adding journal write optimization – rather than writing full journal everytime, SFS writes only blocks that contain modified entries. For large (>100GB) volumes, this reduces journal writes from 96KB to 8-16KB in many cases.
- Fixed SFS by changing all references of DATAPLOW_ZFS to DATAPLOWSFSZ. The change was made due to licensing issues with the term “ZFS”.
- Updated uninstallation routines with an API call to gracefully dismount all volumes on the client. This API needs to be called from the installer before actual uninstallation of the software can actually begin.
- Fixed Z-SAN service on Windows Vista such that it auto-mounts the volumes correctly if the physical medium is switched from wired to wireless & vice-versa.
- Updated ZFS by adding full version number to dbgview output during mount.
- Updated ZFS by increasing SFSExtract DUMP size from 32MB to 42MB for the capture of all metadata of a 2TB volume.
- Fixed installation so that SCM does not install on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- Updated Z-SAN Service to save the last assigned drive letter of the volume during dismount operation. This would allow the same drive letter to be reused during the next mount cycle.
- Fixed ZSAN service such that during auto-mount operation the service will use the drive letter from the registry only if it is a valid drive letter.
- Fixed ZSAN software to save the drive letter in registry during a volume mount & to set it in case Windows does not provide a drive letter. The saved drive letter is used during dismount operation to perform mount point deletion which should ideally refresh the Windows Explorer cache. This should take care of the scenario where Windows Explorer sometimes does not display the drive letter of the volumes.
- Updated ZFS such that Google Picassa application can be executed on ZFS volumes.
De volgende drie bestanden staan klaar:
NetGear SC101 4.23.0
NetGear SC101T 1.1.3
SCM Utility 3.0.6