What's new in versions 3.8?
* Support for many new recorders has been added. Please see Supported Devices for a complete list of new recorder models.
* Supports the BURN-Proof (buffer underrun protection) feature that is available on some 12x speed recorders (version 3.8C).
* The "Load Tracks" screen has been enhanced to allow you to compute the total running time of the loaded tracks (version 3.8C).
* Surprise feature... MP3 file support!! You can now record MP3 files directly to an audio disc without converting them to WAV files first (they will be decoded "on the fly" automatically). The files can be recorded by either specifying them in a cuesheet or by using the "Load Tracks" feature. The MP3 decoding library was licensed from Xaudio Inc. Note: This feature is not available in the 16-bit DOS and ALPHA NT versions.
* File backup operations on the "File Backup and Tools" screen has been greatly enhanced. You can now specify directory names, file names, or wildcards (such as C:\TEST\*.EXE). You can also save a list of names to a project file and then reload them at a later date.
* Support for the "Discmatic AD1050" disc transporter has been added. This is a very nice unit that can automatically make 50 copies of a single disc without user intervention (full information on this device can be found at www.discmatic.com).