Tweakers die graag een potje Prey spelen, kunnen nu even hun tijd besteden aan het installeren van een nieuwe update. De makers van Prey hebben namelijk in de vorm van versie 1.2 een nieuwe update klaargezet die niet alleen een aantal bugfixes doorvoert, maar ook vier nieuwe death match-mappen en vijf nieuwe player models toevoegt. Versie 1.2 kan via deze server als zip-bestand gedownload worden en wordt geleverd met de onderstaande release notes:
New DeathMatch Maps:
New Multiplayer Models:
- The original DM maps in Prey were best suited for 4-8 players. The maps in this add-on were designed for smaller number of players, especially for 1v1 or 2v2 play.
- DM Gravity Lab: DMGravityLab takes place on board a floating extension of the Sphere's main Spindle. Players will find themselves running along wallwalk and hanging catwalks all throughout the map. Snipers get to have fun this time around with a large outdoor section complete with wallwalk platforms and portals. Designed for 6 players.
- DM Topillogical: The first Prey DM map to feature Outward Gravity. Run 360 degrees around the inside of a giant Sphere to get the best firing position on your enemies. Intriguing side-rooms offer gravity-warping corridors and devious wall-walk ammo depots. Fast-paced action for 4 players.
- DM Tunnel Rat: Danger lurks in all directions but down in this maze-running map designed for 6 players. Sharp twists and turns conceal danger at every corner, but eyes up! A mirrored version of the maze forms the ceiling above you.
- DM Space Oddity: DM Space Oddity is designed for 4 players and features a large central crossover room with perpendicular gravity pathways. Rack up the kills by dominating the crossover with a rocket launcher!
- Several new character models are available in DM, three female characters and two alien characters:
- Jen: Jen is Tommy's girlfriend, and the owner of the Roadhouse bar. Don't let her dainty looks fool you: all those years of serving drinks to random travelers have toughened her up and made her quite the ass-kicker.
- Becky: This young blonde is an unfortunate victim of the Sphere. First aliens abduct her and now she finds herself fighting for her life in a deathmatch arena!
- Elhuit: The leader of a race of humans who managed to hide and survive living on the Sphere for centuries.
- Alien Hunter: The Hunter is part of a race taken by the Sphere long ago. Now the Hunter serves as one of the chief minions of the Sphere, acting as an enforcer force for any humans who try to escape.
- Elite Alien Hunter: Same badass Hunter, cooler-looking armor.
- Network protocol version bump (will no longer be able to see 1.1 or 1.0 servers)
- Installer will now update uninstaller. This fixes the missing installer problem.
- Game DLL interface bump for upcoming mod SDK release (so mods will only work with v1.2)
- Fix for a weapon switch exploit