Vandaag is Hamachi versie 18.104.22.168 beta uitgekomen. Met dit programma is het mogelijk om een 'directe' verbinding op te zetten tussen verschillende computers zonder daarbij gehinderd te worden door een eventuele router, gateway of firewall. Vervolgens kunnen via deze verbinding bestanden worden uitgewisseld en is het mogelijk om multiplayer games te spelen. Het changelog van deze release laat de volgende veranderingen zien:
Changes in version 22.214.171.124
NOTE that there is a known bug in Vista that may result in Hamachi's window getting all screwed up when it is resized or moved. This is a bug in Aero (transparent glassy window thingy), it is not Hamachi-specific, Microsoft has been notified.[break]
- Modified Hamachi to fall back to low-speed relays if direct p2p connection is not possible. Earlier versions required explicit opt-in for this feature.
- Per-tunnel bandwidth for low-speed relaying has been increased to 8 KB/sec. Strictly speaking this is a relay-side option, but it is listed here to provide a context for the previous item.
- Added one-time warning messages that are displayed when Hamachi encounters 'unreachable' or 'low-speed relayed' tunnels for the first time. These messages link to the following web page that explains details of each condition
- Added an option for compressing peer-to-peer traffic. The algorithm used is a standard 'deflate' (also used in RFC'd IPCOMP, TLS and others). Depending on the type of the traffic the compression rate may be as high as 50-60%.
Tunnel compression is a global client-side preference. The traffic is compressed between any two clients that have this option enabled.
This is premium feature, both sides of the tunnel are required to be premium account holders. To enable the feature add the line 'Compression 1' to hamachi-override.ini file. See 126.96.36.199 release notes for details.
- Updated logo images in Hamachi installer.
- Singed all binaries with LogMeIn publisher certificate. This is the reason for installation package size increase.
- Added a number of provisions to improve compatibility with Vista. Hamachi should now install on recent Vista betas without any external tweak.