RSS Bandit is een programma waarmee RSS en Atom feeds van bijvoorbeeld websites, forums en weblogs kunnen worden verzameld. Deze worden vervolgens op een regelmatige basis ververst zodat je op de hoogte blijft van de laatste gebeurtenissen. Daarnaast kan het programma ook nieuwsgroepen binnenhalen en overzichtelijk weergeven. Wie benieuwd is naar het uiterlijk van RSS Bandit kan op deze pagina een lijst met screenshots en beschrijvingen bekijken. Sinds kort staat versie 188.8.131.52 te genieten van het levenslicht met de volgende aanpassingen:
About a month ago we released the first cut of the Nightcrawler edition of RSS Bandit and promised that there'd be a bug fix release within a month. So exactly 30 days and about 100,000 downloads later, we're shipping the bug fix version of the Nightcrawler release.
This release is available in the following languages; German, English, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Polish, Serbian, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Bulgarian, and Turkish.Installer:
- The application can now be installed on computers that only have v2.0 of the .NET Framework available.
- A mini-application for editing the keyboard shortcuts used by the RSS Bandit has now been added. To locate the application, look in the RSS Bandit application folder which is usually "C:\Program Files\RssBandit" for the application named ShortcutsEditor.exe
- Fixed issue where the subscription wizard picks the first feed found on a web page in auto-discovery mode instead of displaying the list of feeds found so users can choose which feed to add to their subscriptions.
- Feed autodiscovery now uses the Firefox icon () which will also be used by IE 7, Outlook 12 and FeedDemon for indicating when feeds have been found on a web page within RSS Bandit.
- The '+' that indicates that inline comments are available for a post now controlled by the Tools->Options->Display->Display Related Items as discussion threads checkbox. Note that this feature is now off by default.
- Fixed issue that feed validation/autodiscovery/search in subscription wizard could not be cancelled
- Fixed problems with processing titles in Atom feeds containing markup characters. We now pass all of Phil Ringnalda's Atom title test cases.
- Fixed issue where the title of first post in the feed is used as the feed title in some RSS 1.0 feeds.
- Fixed issue where some comments aren't shown inline for some feeds that support <wfw:commentRss>
- Fixed issue where the blog post is repeated as the first comment in some feeds that support <wfw:commentRss>.
- Added ability to create new posts in a newsgroup.
- Subscribing to a newsgroup no longer asks for username and password per subscription since this information is specified when the newsgroup was first added.
- Subscribing to multiple newsgroups at once now supported.
- Fixed bug where subscribing to newsgroups via Tools->Newsgroups results in 'Input string was not in a correct format' error on attempting to download posts from the newsgroup.
- Fixed issue where downloading messages from newsgroups times out. This was fixed by setting the maximum number of items to download to 1000.
- Fixed issue where subscribing to password protected newsgroups results in "Credentials property not an instance of NetworkCredential" error.
- Synchronization with NewsGator Online
- Fixed issue where when downloading feedlist from NewsgatorOnline the following error occurs; "Feedlist download failed with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
- Fixed issue that downloading feedlists from Newsgator Online never stops