Op de site van Ahead is een nieuwe versie te downloaden van het zeer bekende brandprogramma, "Nero". De Language Pack voor de nederlandse taal kun je hier downloaden. (Met dank aan Stella-Fornax)
De release-notes staan nu uiteindelijk online, en zijn zoals gewoonlijk niet een paar korte zinnetjes:
Nero 5.551 is the offical Nero version for Windows XP
Changes from Nero 184.108.40.206 -> 220.127.116.11
- The boot cd property page will now also allow boot image template volumes,that are larger than 600MB, if another destination medium than CD is selected. For example DVDs might pretty well contain boot data of 4GB, that the old dialog just did not allow to select.
- Fixed overburning in WaitCD dialog (would eject CD instead of asking the user for overburning, which would only happen once the CD was inserted a second time)
- When IMAPI disabling failed, try to switch to other running Nero.
- The content of the SCANDATA.DAT file was not written on SVCD.
- Fix delete char bug when editing file name in the File Browser
- Fix minimized compilation bug when using "show desktop".
- Fixed problem of reading CD-Extra in some CD-ROM drives (data track not readable).
- The database dialog did not display CD entries with identical CDDB hash values correctly. Instead the same entry was displayed several times.
The progress during the cache phase works smoother.
- Fix main windows flickering during resize.
- BurnStatus colors repaint correctly on different desktop-settings while burning
- Fix invisible column text in High Contrast color setting.
- Prevent the user from creating audio track smaller than 4 seconds by splitting a track
- DVD-R/RW drive support now much improved
- Fixed a crash at the end of CD autodetection
- Added many new recorders.
- DAO mode is now present as default and active in CD Copy dialog and it is not changeable
- Added new 'buffer underrun preventing features': Power-Burn, BURN-Free and SafeLink
- Added IMAPI lock for Windows XP
- Several improvements to comply with Windows XP Logo
Release date: October 3rd, 2001