Bij 3DGN hebben ze een vrij uitgebreide review gepost van de Aureal Vortex2 SQ2500 geluidskaart. Hieronder een stukkie over de geluidskwaliteit in games.
1) Unreal Tournament- WoW. You have to try it for yourself to understand where I am coming from, but for the first time I can tell exactly where an enemy is coming from, and the sounds seem to come alive, and you are even more drawn into the environment. Effect was so good that at first I found myself quite disoriented.
2) Slave Zero- The effect was 3D sound for sure, but not as good as in Unreal Tournament.
3) Grand Theft Auto 2- The sounds were great in 3D. There does remain a problem with judging from GTA2, that the only sound will be, up down left and right, something that can be produced almost identically with any stereo sound, but without all the reflections ect...
4) Drakan: Order of the Flame- The sound was great great. You could tell where the enemy was, and the rivers, and environment sounds stood out. Not as good as UT though
5) Half Life- By far the game where A3D is the best. You hear sounds distinctly behind and to the side, and echoes, reflections, and occlusions are done perfectly. When you hear a scientist begin to talk, run around him in circles to hear the 3D, then go in corners, and go next to metal, wood, and plastic surfaces to hear the change in echo, then go behind objects and become really impressed. The weapons are great sounding in full 3D too.
I used A3D on lots more games, but these were the ones I felt like talking about, and they were a great experience.