3DGaming.net heeft een korte preview van Max Payne in elkaar gezet. Hier heb je wat stuff over de in Max Payne gebruikte 3D engine:
- E2 Rendering engine. The same engine core that was used to create the amazing visual effects seen in Final Reality. E2 gets its name from the Exit Technology that is used for visibility optimization in Max Payne.
- Smooth character system that allows seamless character meshes with a wide range of movement. Characters naturally receive lighting properly from the environment.
- Particle systems. Remedy's ParticleFX editor lets the user create different particle systems that can be used real-time within the game.
- Level Editor. MaxED makes the environment creation intuitive and easy. With MaxEd you'll be editing levels 3D Accelerated and truly experience WYSIWYG for the first time in level editing. MaxED will be bundled with the game: The players can create their own killer levels.
- Full Radiosity Lighting. The lighting has never been this realistic. MAX-FX Radiosity Lighting photo-realistically reflects the light and casts shadows in the environment.