Het programma RSSOwl kan de laatste nieuwtjes van verschillende RSS-, RDF- en Atom feeds ophalen via het internet. Het opzoeken van nieuwsstukken gebeurt via de zoekfunctie en dankzij de tabbed interface houd je overzicht over al het aangeboden nieuws. Omdat het programma is geschreven in Java draait het onder andere op Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris en Windows. Het ontwikkelteam heeft versie 1.1.2 de deur uitgedaan met de volgende aankondiging:
On the feature side, RSSOwl 1.1.2 is bringing two new update intervals: 30 Minutes and 6 Hours. In addition it is now possible to hide the small Toolbar that is placed in the Favorites Tree by accessing its context-menu and unchecking the "Toolbar" entry.
May the Owl be with you,
- Win: Changed RSSOwl 32x32 px Icon to PNG format, so that real transparency is now shown, for example inside the application-switcher (using Alt+Tab)
- Feed Search, Feed Discovery and Feed Validator dialogs are now calculating their sizes based on the font that is set. Using a small Dialog Font will result in smaller versions of these Dialogs, as it is happening for other Dialogs too.
- #1210699 Popup Constantly appears on "Reload All"
RSSOwl is no longer showing the Popup "Unread News Available" in case the Tray is already indicating that unread news are available. As soon as all News have been marked read and new News are coming in, the Popup will show again.
- #1209404 More update intervals
Added "30 Minutes" and "6 Hours" to the list of possible auto-reload intervals for Favorites.
- Most Combos will now expand their content so that a Scrollbar is not necessary. Note that this is not supported on all platforms.
- Date Parser: RFC 1123 Date Formats without Day Name are now correctly parsed, for example: "27 Mar 2005 08:30:00 GMT"
- #1206482 Hide Favorites toolbar
Added a new Context Menu on the Top Area of the Favorites Tree containing the Items "Toolbar" and "Close".
Selecting "Toolbar" will toggle the visibility of the Tree Toolbar.
Selecting "Close" will hide the Favorites Tree.
- When exporting News into PDF or RTF Format, RSSOwl is now stripping out any HTML Tags, since they are only supported in HTML Format.
[break]De volgende downloads staan klaar:
- Update to latest SWT version brings two, long awaited fixes to very annoying bugs:
- Win: The Internal Browser often showed a Blank Page when clicking on News from a Newsfeed that contained Images as Content, like for example the popular BoingBoing feed.
- Fixed an issue with the Tray Popup and the Auto-Close Thread not being stopped when closing the Popup
- Mac: Some Improvements for all ToolBars due to a new SWT Version. The bottom Status Line Controls are now all vertically aligned in the same Position and Background Colors are displayed correctly.
- The Version Identifier in the About Dialog was not selectable, making it impossible to Copy and Paste it.
- Fixed possible NullPointerException when deleting a Favorite
- #1205253 Date display problem
- #1212130 Chinese characters in blog title garbled
When now using "Use Title from Feed" in the Favorite Dialog, RSSOwl is using the Encoding supplied with the Newsfeed to extract the Title. Without that, RSSOwl was always using System default Encoding, which showed garbled in most cases, where the Title contained Japanese / Chinese and similar Symbols.
- #1210199 Internal browser closes when clicked on, if popup blocking
RSSOwl Linux no longer use RSSOwl's internal way to Block Popups, since Mozilla is taking care of popups for itself.
- #1210168 Crashes when reading an authenticated site
- #1200447 RSS on Gmail account
RSSOwl returned connection errors, when trying to Access SSL Secure Newsfeeds through a Proxy.
- #1204754 RSSOwl steals focus randomly
- #1204756 RSSOwl steals focus when showing popup
- #1204490 [Mac] Blank area in the toolbar
Mac OS X