Jameleon is een onmisbare tool voor applicatie ontwikkelaars. Deze software is in staat om applicaties te testen in verschillende stappen en kan data-driven worden opgesteld. De volgende beschrijving treffen we dan ook aan op de website:
Jameleon is an acceptance-level automated testing tool that separates applications into features and allows those features to be tied together independently, creating test-cases. These test-cases can then be data-driven and executed against different environments. Even though it would be possible to write unit tests using Jameleon, Jameleon was designed with integration and acceptance-level testing in mind. Most bugs are found and fixed by good unit tests. However, this does not eliminate the need to test the application as a whole.
Jameleon was designed to test all sorts of applications. To make this possible, Jameleon was designed with a plug-in model. This means Jameleon was written to be independent of the application's implmentation. To make life a little easier, a GUI for Jameleon is currently being worked on. It is therefore quite likely that a Swing plug-in will be implmented.[break]De ontwikkelaar heeft sinds kort een nieuwe versie van Jameleon uitgebracht. Het versienummer is inmiddels aangekomen bij 2.0.1 en heeft de volgende release notes meegekregen:[/break]This is a minor release with a few bugfixes. It mostly focuses on better documentation and making it easier to development plug-ins. For that have already implemented plug-ins, there is a small required change. But for the most part, implementing plug-ins has become easier.
As far as I know, there are no custom plug-ins out there. If there are some, the following changes were made to make things more consistent:
- SessionTag - Changed setupSession to startApplication
- SessionTag - Changed tearDown to tearDownSession()
- SessionTag - Created new method called setupSession()
- FunctionTag - store() is no longer required to implement.
- 964526 - bug using setup() to grab variables set via map-variable
- 955530 - Test missing csv fails at point "Test Case Execution Time"
- 955526 - Test missing csv file fails as it should, but no error msg
[break]De volgende drie downloads staan klaar:
- 961865 - Document How To Write Plugins
- 964501 - add a directive for "baseDir" to Ant task
- 964368 - Make developing new plug-in simpler
- 953361 - display testEnvironment/org in TestResults.html
- 952986 - Take out XML results to stdout
- 952197 - hu-page-validation warn on no data to validate