EggHEADS heeft na een jaar van stilte eggdrop 1.6.16 vrijgegeven. Eggdrop is een IRC-bot, een stukje software voor het beheren van een IRC-kanaal. Voor meer informatie over eggdrop en IRC-bots in het algemeen is hier wat interessant leesvoer. Het changelog voor release 1.6.16 laat de volgende veranderingen zien:
Some of the major changes in this release are:
- IPv6 protocol support has been removed. It was poorly implemented in 1.6.15, and it will be done correctly in a later release. You can still connect to an IPv6 server using 6tunnel.
- Many, many bugfixes.
- The eggdrop binary is no longer stripped during the compile process. This will make bug reports more useful to the development team, and ultimately will help for a more stable bot. You can still use ./configure --enable-strip to enable stripping, which will create a smaller binary.
- Several more functions have been exported for use by module coders.
- Support for non-x86 platforms and uncommon improved. doc/COMPILING-FAQ has been updated, and now contains a compile guide, which will be updated in versions to come as Eggdrop is tested on more platforms.
- Support for +E/+I modes on EFnet has been added.
- The hand2idx Tcl command works for bots now.
- Added a new Tcl EVNT bind type, "userfile-loaded", which is called after the bot's userfile has been loaded.
- All users can now .whois their own handle.
- Better support for Mac OS X. This is still not perfect. If you have a Mac OS X box and experience any problems, please let us know.
- Better support for non-standard "op" prefixes There is now a config file option named "opchars", which will allow you to configure what prefixes the bot will consider an op.
- Tcl 8.5 alpha is now correctly detected.
- A long-present bug has been fixed in dnslookup, having to do with the concatenation of its arguments. It now works the way it has always been documented in tcl-commands.doc. This could possibly create problems with some scripts.
- A security flaw reported to bugtraq recently, related to bot linking, has been corrected.
- Updated Undernet nicklen to 12.