gschoots756 vertelt het volgende over deze meuk: "openFRAG heeft zijn oorsprong bij GoT gevonden. Nu, maanden verder, hebben we leden in Europa en Noord-Amerika. We werken op een heel ontspannen tempo aan een open source first person shooter. Deze techdemo is een momentopname van de zaken waar we momenteel mee bezig zijn. Voor de goede orde: het is nog geen spel. Als je meer wilt lezen over ons project kom dan gerust eens langs op de website:"
- Some code from the previous Techdemo has been copied and edited to use the new version of the NeoEngine (0.6.2, it was written for 0.6.0)
- The rest of the code was rebuilt from scratch, having in mind a more Object Oriented approach then was being used before.
- The movement code has been optimized, allowing smoother movement through the map.
- A menu has been created, for now it only let's you exit or start the demo (there's also a 'credits' button! )
- A new type of button has been created, allowing mouse-over events (the buttons change when the mouse is over them ).
- Our first model has been added. The Knight model is not fully finished yet, but most of the art concerning the model has been done. There's no movement in it yet though.
- 2 Songs have been added, one that plays while you are in the menu, the other plays while you are in the game.
- A global trigger object has been added to make it easier to create new modules for future versions of OpenFRAG. It is now possible for any module to raise an event in the main application. (used to load maps and exit the application neatly when a module gets in trouble.)
- In direct3d mode the mouse cursor will not hide, we're looking into this... on opengl it works fine.
- It is known that on some machines the opengl version does not work very well (they get about 1 frame per second).
- You ABSOLUTELY NEED directx9 to run the direct3d version!!!